Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 19: Advent Calendars

Today, was domesticity day -- lots of laundry, changing sheets, vacuuming, etc... So, I took the opportunity to tell an overarching story from December - our Advent calendars.  Usually, I do this at the beginning of the month, but this year as our calendars have new toys each day I decided to wait.  That way, I can add a bit about their favorites, how the new system worked, etc.

 In short, B LOVES his Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar.  M likes hers , but I think it is a smidge too old for her.  She did really like the mini-Santa stamp from a week or so ago.  B's favorite bit so far has been the X-Wing.  It is being quite a lot of fun each day and I think they will be sad when it is over.  I admit, I have no idea how we'd reach this level of Lego Star Wars fun next year.... hmmm

Right Page - Journaling + Making Memories Journal spot and Pebbles Button

Left Page - Elle's Studio Tag, Pebbles button, Jenni Bowlin Bow, OA number - will add photos to this page later.
I wanted to try and show some of the little pieces as well as the kids enjoying them. 

I'm going to try and get a better picture of B or both of them together, but so far this is the best we've managed.

No, she is not this excited every day 
I have to admit, this is the day in December Daily where I start to feel a bit tired of the record keeping bit of it.  I have an activity all set up for tomorrow and plans Thursday-Sunday, so here's hoping I manage to make it through Sunday and still at least post journaling each day.  If not, this will at least be the furthest I've ever gotten with all the crafting, journaling, etc... done contemporaneously.  I am sure I can manage six more days though, right?  I am really loving the mismash of a book that is taking shape so that helps.

Thanks to all the new readers and commentors.  I've really enjoyed having you along for the ride and hope you stick around for the post-December Daily fun.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...