Friday, January 6, 2012

Five on Friday

1.  You all know we're NPR nerds at our house, right?  In any case, we love NPR and its many personalities.  I happened to stumble across this NPR twitter "feud" today and loved it.  Hope you do too!

2.  The media is awesome and fascinating.  I admit that "The Fake News is All I Need" is muttered here frequently (OK, when we're not listening to the "real" news on NPR).  That said, we get little or no news from actual print sources, unless it is their online versions. With that in mind, I thought, this was a particularly interesting story about a recent NYT corrections related to a confusion over My Little Pony characters...seriously.

3. Totally unrelated to the media, Co-Motion is hosting a Belly-Dancing workshop on January 28th from 10am-12pm at their studio in Edmond.  It is $20 before January 14th and $25 if you sign up later.  I'm planning to go (yes, I've cleared this) and was wondering if any of you are interested?  If so, let me know and I'll help you sign up.

4. College Gymnastics - I am a big gymnastics fan and discovered during my time at OU that university level gymnastics is awesome (and at the time, free!).  Both OU's men's and women's gymnastic teams are ranked in the top five nationally to start the season.  The first home meet for the women is January 27th at 7pm in Norman.  Let me know if you'd like to join me!  (The men don't have a home meet until February 25th, but do have several members that you might see on the US Olympic team next summer.  Should be great fun and I'll remind you all when we're closer to their meet!)

5. From news, to sports - now, on to something pretty.  I happened on to this Etsy store via Emily Pitts (a scrapbooker I like).  The store is her daughter's jewelry creations and they are lovely.  This piece is my favorite (sadly currently sold)!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...