Saturday, March 17, 2012

Scrappy Sunday

This week, all the pages are made from the Story Hour kit, with a few extra embellishments along the way.  Enjoy!

 I made the underlying collage based on a page in Shimelle's Hitchhiker's Guide to Scrapbooking class, but hadn't selected a picture. I found this one in my "to scrap" pile. It is a picture of dinner with my Grandparents & Able at Legends in Norman. I believe it is actually the day before I graduated college and the day I was selected into Phi Betta Kappa and awarded their scholarship for graduate school.  While the later two are cool, the best part is the memories of all the dinners they took us to throughout college and the time we had together.  The second part of the journaling is wondering what my Grandma and my 22-year old self would have thought of my path since then.  (Random note--- see those letters in the middle left-- noticed after cutting them that they were WAHM = Work At Home Mom. This did inspire some of the journaling of the page belated.


The page is about my Mom and B working together to learn new things, particularly new technologies.  So glad to have these pictures and the stories of their relationship in the book. (The page design was inspired by this page by Piradee).

Next up, a rare two page spread. This one is inspired by this week's sketch from Sketch Support and features fun at Zaney Boy's firsts birthday party.  The little guy is rich in cousins and they had an awesome watergun fight. 



Next, we turn to the story of B & M's build-a-bears. (Most of the journaling can be found here).  The page is based on the Starting Point of the Week from Shimelle, but turned on its side.  I don't know how easy it is to see in the pages, but the brown glittery ribbon is so fun in person!

This last page is my unlikely favorite of the week. I'm not sure precisely why, but I love it. It could be that it is just us, being together.  Or maybe those fun little green sparkly things. It was also my first attempt at the trend of adding confetti to pages (which you can see at the bottom of the Zane pages above too).  It exclusively uses items from the Story Hour kit + ink. The border around the edge is the repeated date stamp, which I saw elsewhere this week and really liked in person.  This was the one that sat out all week and I smiled at as I walked by. Hooray for pretty happy things. 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nutmegger said...

Hi Abbey,
I saw Legend's picture and stared at for a moment of happy memories. I am sure glad they took us out so often! I wonder about Grandma too! I miss her! E

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...