Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Some days

Today was such a mix as, I suppose, so many days are.

Some things went very well.  Some things threw me into a tail spin.  Sometimes I lost my temper.  Sometimes I was genuinely surprised.  Some things worked so well and others went poorly.  Sometimes we all succeeded and had awesome moments together.  Sometimes I was impatient and cranky with my kids.  Sometimes my kids were amazing, adorable, and enthusiastic and I tried hard to embrace and encourage them.  Sometimes they asked me the same question 30 times in a row (and I dreamed briefly of silence).  Sometimes I cried with my head on my desk and sometimes I was quite successful being the advocate I want and need to be.  Some of the time I shared a moment with a dear friend and others I was quite alone. Sometimes it rained.  Sometimes the sky was a beautiful blue and filled with the most gorgeous clouds.  Sometimes I noticed the clouds and gorgeous flowers along the road and sometimes those other things got in the way of the beauty around me.

Some days are like this.

Thanks to those that hold me up during the hard parts and thanks for the beauty that is there in people and the world if I can pull myself out of the hard parts long enough to look and be refreshed. 

1 comment:

Debra Dotter Blakley said...

Oh my dear, you are deep in the toughest part of your life right now, everything whirling fast and furious and super busy all the time. Every now and then, for just a minute or two, stop, close your lovely eyes and take a slow breath in and let it go again, gently. Do this over and over (only a minute or two while other things go on with their swirl). Visualize yourself as strong and free and fresh as the spring time flowers. Breath peace into your heart and then open your eyes. Your spirit will have settled back to center. I love you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...