Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Ten Tuesday

1.  More M at gymnastics pictures this week.  She was pretty tired by the end and spent the time waiting for her next turn on the trampoline snuggling this stuffed frog.  It was her last day with Coach Darby, which was sad, but she is now quite awesome at forward rolls.

2.  We went to Riley's fifth birthday party this weekend after a very long morning of activities (see more below).  Both kids adored the mustaches in their treat bags, at least three of which are strangely attached to our planter outside...What is it that makes mustaches so awesome? Definitely an instant disguise.

3.  B popped out his second tooth today all by himself.  Apparently he just decided it was time and then, randomly, decided to try to use his tooth to open his small bug house and out it came!  I was off helping M and fairly dubious when he told me it was out, but as you can see he is quite proud of his achievement.  In semi-related news, he is off to see his new dentist tomorrow.

4.  Soccer was lots of fun this weekend.  B has a new teammate who is very fast and added lots of excitement to the game.  B did a great job and even scored a goal.  The kids all had a fabulous time even in the extremely warm weather.  (Yes, I brought my camera, but forgot to bring a memory stick.... obviously).


5.  While the Dragonflies were running all over the place, M was dancing merrily on the sidelines.  Here's a sneak peak.  Keep in mind she did this for most of the 45 minute game and that it was about 85 degrees outside.  She was very hot and tired, but happy by the end.

6.  Before all that soccer fun, we had our family pictures taken by Heather Warren at Will Rodgers park .  M, in true 2-year old fashion, declined to wear her Easter dress as we had planned.  I gave her an alternate choice or two that were still "ok" with the rest of our outfits and she selected her sparkly Christmas dress so she will be looking quite fancy in our family photos.  It remains to be seen if she is actually smiling or looking at the camera in any of the photos, but her big brother was an excellent photo subject!

7.  The lengthy car buying process continues.  This is our first time to add the variable of a trade-in to the mix.  I think the dealers find us generally annoying as we insist on say, gathering competing quotes (both on price and trade-in value) from various places before making a final decision on where to buy, rather than just committing once we have a price quote. It is annoying, but we really don't think it is fair/rational to expect us to make this large of a financial purchase on less than complete information so the data gathering continues.  Yes, we will almost certainly buy a minivan and please no laughing (at least not while we're with you).

8.  Cooking update:  Yesterday, we attempted baked, raised doughnuts.  They were just "ok" and not really sweet at all--- that said, they were very low in butter and sugar.  I have a couple other baked doughnut recipes pinned and think I'll give this method at least one more try as this pregnancy baby and I are really in to doughnuts, but I really don't think the purchased, fried variety are going to work with keeping my weight gain under control.  Today, we tried English Muffin Bread.  It is a raised bread, but quicker than my normal homemade bread and also contains no fat, eggs, and very little sugar.  The texture/density were substantially different, but it was a tasty, quicker alternative. 

9.  Shared room update:  In good news, I think sharing a room has made the kids closer and more into co-conspirators.  It is fun to watch them plot and play together in the shared space.  At first, it was a bit of an issue getting them to sleep at night and then it sort of tapered off into just M's usually brief chatting spell.  This week, M is back to taking a long time to go to sleep and trying to drag her brother into her shenanigans.  I don't have a big list of ideas for how to get them to stay quiet and in bed so suggestions are welcome.

10. Pregnancy update:  I haven't blogged nearly as much about my pregnancy this time so I'm trying to make sure it at least gets an item a week here.  That said, there isn't too much going on just now.  I definitely feel like I'm growing each week and that my balance continues to shift.  My back has started hurting and I'm trying to think consciously about my posture to help with that.  I find I'm waking up a lot in the night already, if briefly and cannot lay on my back at all anymore.  

In better news, all of my other injuries (road rash, costochondritis, plantar fascitis, etc...) are fairly moderate just now. I am, however, doing very little exercise which is not great and I am assuming as that picks back up that some of my ailments probably will too. 

 The baby is definitely feeling stronger and kicking higher up on my stomach more.  His siblings remain firmly in love with him and give him lots of kisses, pats and snuggles.  A few of these were even captured in our family photos.  I've never done maternity portraits per se and think I may be glad to have a few from this session where we are loving on the little guy in advance.

It has been a busy week and plenty more business to come.  I hope you all have a wonderful Easter!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...