Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Week in the Life: Tuesday

(In which I took no notes at all, and am pregnant, and it was a mostly normal day).

7:00 - B appears with his morning Wii request as Brent gets up to get ready.  As with yesterday, I am a few minutes behind them.  M appears before I do and Brent is making dinosaur oatmeal as I wander into the kitchen.

7:30 - Brent is out the door and the kids and B is back to video games while I fold laundry and make lunches while chatting with M.   (Kid lunch today: 1/2 nut butter and grape jelly sandwich, baby carrots, and mandarin oranges (M) or squeezeable peach applesauce (B).

8:00 - Uncle Able arrives as the kids are working on putting away their laundry and getting dressed for the day.  As Able folds his clothes and I negotiate M's laundry putting away issues we decide to all to to Vintage Coffee for a fun morning outing.  (I have to note that trying to get M's clothes properly put away is a huge challenge of late. She usually leaves them on her bed or hides them under her bed or anywhere, but where they go.  We are working on it).  At the coffee place, we chat, enjoy our morning beverages and a little snack before heading home.  (Yes, B apparently needs multiple breakfasts daily).


9:00 - We have a few more minutes before heading to school so we head to their room for some playtime.  B and I begin work on a 100 piece Star Wars puzzle.  I stop periodically to read M a book and to "encourage" her to finish some of the laundry putting away she apparently skipped earlier.  Then, we load up and head to school.

9:30 - I notice B's bag is dripping and realize he has put a straw cup in there that has leaked all over the bag and the leapster near the bottom.  We try to clean up the van and items as much as possible and mourn the likely loss of his leapster to a milk tragedy before heading inside for drop off.

9:40-2:23 - Work for me, MDO for kids.  My work is just entering the pre-Board busy season so I went through many, many documents and emails today.  I still wasn't done by the end of my work day, but had caucused with my colleagues about what remained and would finish up in the evening.  The kids were quite ready to come home and play on a now very warm 90 degree day.

2:30 - 4:30 - It is gymnastics day so we have a bit shorter of an afternoon to work with.  We start, as usual, by unpacking back packs and lunch bags, putting away shoes, and recapping what happened at school today.  We primarily read books, worked on our puzzle, played with various toys (pretend food, babies, etc..), had snacks, and changed clothes for gymnastics.

4:45- The whole family loads up for gymnastics.  I'm having to accept that I'm really just too far along now for Mommy and Me Gymanstics (which makes me sad as I love doing it with her and by six weeks post-partum she'll be ready for big-girl gymnastics/dance... ). Brent and M have a great time and I take lots if iPhone pictures as usually it is hard to take pictures while participating.  B happily plays Angry Birds and other iPad games while we watch.  M appears to love the audience.

My favorite of the bunch edited in Instagram



6:15 - Post gymnastics we're all too tired to face making dinner with our limited provisions so we stop by Chick-fil-a and then head home to eat and discuss the day.  After dinner we head outside for some sunlight. B jogs around the cul de sac, we get the mail, check on our flowers, throw old rose petals all around, and head indoors for Bath, Jammies, Books, Medicine, Teeth brushing, and Lullabies.

8:15 - Kids are happily in bed and I start working again. I finally finish around 10:30 and then begin this posting process. In the background of my work evening, Brent plays the Daily Show and Colbert Report from yesterday and then plays some games online while chatting with me.

11:15 - Brent has been in bed for 15 minutes and I push "publish" ready for some rest before another packed day tomorrow. 

1 comment:

Debra Dotter Blakley said...

Love it that you have a pink wild rose in your gardens, just like the one we always took pictures beside when you were little. That old one is in bloom now as well. Are your peonies blooming this year? Mine are gorgeous! I'm taking it easy today. Love the daddy and M gymnastics pic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...