Friday, May 18, 2012

Five on Friday

Miss me? It has been a heavy work week, but I did find some happy things to share with you.

1.  As you know, we struggle with how to best be parents to B's sports and other endeavors that he somehow both seems to enjoy, but be challenged by emotionally.  I thought a recent article from Hands Free Mama -  entitled Six Words You Should Say Today - was very helpful and thoughtful.

2.







When I was pregnant with M, my mom, sister and Chrissie made this awesome tree branch for her room with pictures of women in our family.  I'm wondering about making the new baby a tree like this that we can add the finger prints of his visitoring friends, family, etc... too.  I don't draw, but maybe when my mom returns she could help.

3. 


I am such a fan of all things to do with coconut milk and these look positively incredible... and I'm mostly sure that isn't just pregnancy cravings talking...

4. 


Check out this page for some incredible birds made out of LEGO blocks.  This might be the intersection of my mom's bird interest and B's LEGO fascination.  Think what they could build together!

5. 


I just think this is so simple and lovely.  I am seriously dubious about whether any attempts at having one of my own are reasonable, but sometimes just having this little bit of inspiration to look at is enough.

Have a happy, beautiful Friday!

1 comment:

debra dotter blakley (google) said...

This may have just changed my life. Thanks.....p.s. I love to read the words you write.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...