Saturday, May 19, 2012

Oh the places I'll go...

This week, I've reached the point in my pregnancy where neither my Doctor nor the airlines want me on planes any more.  The practical reality being that I did Board week from home on what is a normal travel week for me.  Meanwhile, my Mom and Sister are off traveling and I'm hearing tales of their adventures from home.  I am, as you've guessed, a lover of travel.  I love seeing new places, people, and cultures.  I love tasting new foods and learning new things.  I love coming home.

  Some of my grander travel plans won't be possible for awhile, but I've been thinking about where I might travel if I could go anywhere and ways to experience or plan for those trips in this at rest phase of my life.  Here is a short list of some of my dream destinations.  Any suggestions for what to see there? Any places you think I'd love to visit or places you dream of going? I'd love to hear your stories too.

1. Montreal, Canada


2. Puerto Rico
Source: goo.gl via abbeyviolet on Pinterest


3. Rome, Italy


4.Boston, Massachusetts
Source: google.com via Jody on Pinterest


5.Provence, France
Source: goo.gl via abbeyviolet on Pinterest

1 comment:

Mary said...

Oh Boston. Don't even get me started on the apple dumplings from Bova's Bakery. No wait, it's too late. They are the best things ever. Really and truly. That summer we stopped in DC on the way to Maine, we also took a detour into downtown Boston just to pick up some apple dumplings. Bova's is in the North End/Little Italy area, away from the main touristy street with all the other bakeries. Skip all those other places, cannoli cannoli, blah blah blah, and just go straight to Bova's for apple dumplings. You can get your cannoli fix there, too, if you must (and you probably should, as they are also delicious).

Also, when I was in Boston the first time I was on my own to explore during the day so I did lots of touristy things, but I really enjoyed the walking tour. The Freedom Trail, or Independence Trail, or something like that. It's a trail of red bricks set in the sidewalk that goes around to many of the historical places in the city. It was quite a bit of walking, but since I was on my own (i.e. no small children or people uninterested in history with me) I could do as much of it as I liked at my own pace, and had a really nice time of it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...