Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

1.  So its Board week and I'm not in DC, and that is weird. I miss it and feel like I'm less good at 'it" from here in this one context... hard to explain as normally the distance isn't a bother to me any more.

2.  Brent and I met our new OB.  She seems fine.  The appointment was a bit less routine than we'd anticipated as my blood pressure was borderline high (see above --- being stressed out about job), and then she couldn't find his head so was afraid he'd flipped (he hadn't, but didn't help the blood pressure).  We did talk about induction a little early which still seems the plan to avoid a huge baby.  Meanwhile, the whole thing was a bit stressful.

3. After the appointment I came to the stunning realization that we could have a new baby in three weeks.  This blew my mind. I think I'd had four or five firmly in my mind and somehow three just seems really close.  We haven't bought the few things we planned to--diapers, pacis, formula, bath sling, etc... and haven't finished the nursery set up ... as you can see not doing a good job with the managing the stress/blood pressure....

4.  Good news is that starting tomorrow afternoon and off and on for the next few weeks my Brother is acting as our pseudo nanny to get me the extra hours of childcare coverage I need this week and to cover the days between the end of school at MDO and the start of my maternity leave (last day of work is June 8, at the latest).  We are, of course, paying him, but oh so glad to not have to juggle a huge mix of child care along with everything else.

5. Monday, I was so happy to attend the kids' Mother's Day program at the school.  I have missed this in prior years as it tends to happen when I am in DC. I am so glad I got to go.  They, weirdly, switched personalities at the performance with B in it and singing loudly while M just mostly stood while her class went. I have more pictures and video, hopefully coming one of these days when I'm not working into the night.

6.  M and I are having some lovely conversations these days just the two of us.  She is getting a little clingy again and  we're doing lots of snuggling and discussing how purple baby is faring. I love it, but, of course, worry about losing it/changing this special moment when baby comes.  sigh, cannot have it all.

7.  B, I think, is possibly finally over his month long ailment.  We still have a few days left on his medicine, but he is much happier, full of energy, starving, eating a lot and no more tummy complaints.  He is being a great helper and learning new ways to help us with M too (things like unbuckling her car seat straps, etc...)  I am flabbergasted by how excited he appears to be about his coming brother.  He snuggles and hugs my  (enormous) tummy constantly.  So affectionate and sweet.  Also, suddenly focused on kindergarten prep.  He cleared off his desk so he is ready for home work and is doing some of his work books once or twice a day in preparation.  I love it.

8. Brent, along with apparently the gaming universe, began playing Diablo 3 today with some of his gaming buddies. I like listening to them chat in the background.  There seems to be a whole lot involving acquiring pants at the beginning of this game, which is random...

9.  So far, in addition to the much anticipated "adventure camp" at the farm, I've managed to sign the kids up for one other camp this summer.  It is Science Camp at MDO one week in June.  It is weird to think that it will be the last time B attends there as he has been going there pretty much constantly since June 2009.  This is our first time at "graduating" out of a school and while conceptually I know kindergarten is nigh and he is ready, again the reality of it is odd.  I think we'll find them one more camp each later in the summer (probably zoo for B and gymnastics for M). I am hoping they will like it and think I might need a bit of a break as all summer with three kids including a newborn, mostly on my own is mind boggling.

10.  The recent costochondritis flare up appears to have been relatively brief.  It onset on Wednesday evening and by today is fairly isolated to just a manageable spot or two.  It is such a relief, and I'm hoping that it really was just a short course this time.

I think the synthesis is that I have a lot of work personally and professionally that needs doing and I'm feeling pressed by time and competing needs. I know it will workout and I just need to chill and take one bit at a time.  Here's hoping a week from now we're in much better shape on all fronts.

1 comment:

Emy Moody said...

What kind of formula and bottles are you going to use?

I have some recently opened Similac (blue) that Cole is no longer using and probably 3 or 4 different types of bottles that he would not use.

Let me know if you are interested and I will get them to you.

Take it easy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...