Last Sunday, Tracie came by to help me try and make some progress on the nursery. We began with some project supplies at Michaels and attempted to find a few other things like curtains without much luck.
|One helpful toddler - in front of the crib complete with new chocolate velour bedskirt.|
Brent also hung this shelf for my inspiration clock and some other items we're filling in for the baby. This was one of those projects where we spent $140 on new drill batteries to hang a $20 shelf.... I am assured the batteries will be assets for years to come, but still....
I also bought a new hamper for the little guy, a changing pad cover, and a pillow form to put in the "Discover" pillow case. What remains: curtains - I think we've decided on chocolate brown panels. We are going to see if Chrissie can make us a valance out of some of the left over fabric from the pennants to tie the fabrics in various parts of the room together. Also, I randomly ordered this really big canvas world map that we'll likely add either above the closet or above that clock. Tracie has another craft project in mind as well involving a custom hot air balloon to hang.
On a more practical note, we did take a family outing to Target and threw ourselves a minishower of sorts. We now have formula, pacifiers, diapers, diaper cream, a bathtub sling, etc... so all the basics seem to be covered.
Overall, the nursery is certainly liveable, lovely and complete as is, but we do have a few more of these finishing touch things to wrap up.
Ps - A few people have asked about a registry and while we have pretty much all the things we need we made one with a few "want" type random things found here.