1. Today was the M&M Olympics at Oklahoma Gold. M has been so excited and inviting everyone. Happily, I think it lived up to the excitement. She is quite possessive about her first little trophy too. There is a full post loaded for later in the week, but I have to share her quote from today. As we got ready for bed she told me she took a picture of her trophy for Grandma (who is away traveling) and blogged it for her. I asked her what the blog said, and was told it said “Dear Grandma”-- followed by “Isn’t that cute?” Too adorable.
2. B, meanwhile, was being drama boy today. I’m not sure if it was being tired, being 5, or not being the center of attention, but he threw two ridiculous fits from the time Olympics was over until we reached home. Poor Uncle Able got a lot of the abuse in these, particularly when the rumble over being buckled in ensued. Uncle Able was a champ, but so frustrating as a parent when your kid is being nuts and not nice for no reason. So sorry Able!
3. Pregnancy update: Not much news from this week’s appointment. My blood pressure was pretty much back to normal, which was nice. My next appointment is a week from Thursday and we are set to discuss our plans from then on (i.e. when to induce). I’m not sure what she’ll say, but for now am scheduled to work through June 8th and did finally get my FMLA paperwork back from the Doctor, which I’m sure my job will appreciate. Meanwhile, a lot fewer contractions this week, but more swelling and back pain. I feel (and am) huge, but trying to remain calm as I know he really does need a few more weeks of growing time to be fully ready to meet us!
4. Soccer finale: The final game of the soccer season went quite a lot better than last week’s game. This time, he played, ran, kicked, and even tried to get the crowd involved. He flashed us lots of thumbs up, claps, and waves on the sidelines. This was followed by the end of the year soccer party where they got cool medals and soccer cookies. Better still (apparently) his little friend Hannah, who has been out with an injury, was there too. Apparently he has been missing her a lot and the thought of her being on his team next fall has convinced him to play again... who knew???
5. Happy Birthday to my totally awesome sister. She is the best at making sure her own birthdays are awesome and, I'm told, had a lovely day at the spa followed by ice cream cake and flower planting in the yard. We miss her so much. The kids really wanted to go have dinner with her, but I convinced that wasn’t going to work. Instead, they sang her happy birthday and M told her about the Olympics. We have a video of M singing too her as well, which is awesome. I am so excited that we’ll see her again in just a few weeks. Love you Audra!
6. Tomorrow is the last day of MDO. It has been an awesome year there, particularly this semester when both kids have been there everyday. I know I’m going to miss this so much next year when all three kids are in different places. I literally cannot fathom how I’m going to manage all that picking up and dropping off.... wow... Meanwhile, we’re taking pictures with them in the morning, cleaning up a bit for a big playdate with B’s BFF, and then off to school for lots of last day fun. We will be back for one camp this summer, but still amazing that B’s time there is ending...
7. We have signed up for OG&E’s energy savings plan, complete with a new free thermostat. Brent is happily enjoying checking our energy usage daily and optimistic about lower energy bills. I am pregnant and often quite hot, so less enthused. The magic hours for using less energy are from 2pm -7pm week days. During this time energy is billed at orders of magnitude higher rates. You might notice that Brent isn’t here for a lot of those hours...and I am... and pregnant... and soon to be home all summer with three kids when it is 100+ degrees most of the time. I “might” fall of the energy savings wagon a bit more than he’d like, but keeping me sane is, we agree, much more important. I’ll let you know how that goes.
8. Here is a shocking fact - at most, I have 13 more days of work before maternity leave.... I really should wrap a few more things up and try to resist starting new ones. So far, not really succeeding on either front. I have a hard time letting go of “my” projects even to my quite awesome colleagues....but a break from some of the work stuff doesn’t sound bad, although i know the work ahead is very tough too.
9. Baby names: Not much progress here either. I think we’ve eliminated Finn, Tristan, and Wallace. Clark won the poll, but hasn’t one my heart. I’m coming to accept that I really want a two syllabul name, ideally one that doesn’t end in “n” (Have you seen these graphs. Phenomenol). This week we seem to be pondering new D names: Dexter (nn Dex), Declan (nn Dex), and Desmond (nn Dezi?) maybe Donal? Who knows.... seriously we don’t, I promise we’re not pretending, we really don’t.
10. Exercise -- I miss it. I feel so weak now. I don’t move nearly enough, in part because it is tough, but it wouldn’t be so tough if I was exercising more (at least I think it wouldn’t). I am trying to add some of that exercise back in in very gentle ways, but so nervous as last time I even rode a stationary bike my costochondritis came roaring back.... guess I’ll have to stick with walking, but wish it wasn’t 90 degrees outside. I guess we’ll be walking at the Y then.
Alright - I hope everyone’s final weeks of school and spring are lovely. I have alot of photo and video heavy posts loaded for the rest of the week. (Did I mention my laptop died? Yeah, that happened...ugghh... For now, I am using Brent’s while he is at dorm night and taking care of all my photo/video stuff today). Happy thoughts from OK!