Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Three is a magic number

This year, three is a magic number for us.  This week, three is M's number and in honor of the big three I wanted to walk through some of our 3s this year.

- We have three children - our 3rd was born this year
- I am one of three children
- I am 33
- B just lost his 3rd tooth
- M is turning three on Sunday
- I am currently mid-way through my roughly 3rd roughly 3 month maternity leave
- M rides a tricycle gleefully (although she experiments with bicycles too)
- This is our 3rd home as a married couple
- M and E have 3 Godparents each
- B just finished his 3rd year at St. Elijah's MDO
- B starts kindergarten in less than 3 weeks
- M starts Ms. Milena's class in 3 weeks
- E wears 3 month sized clothes
- Our house number has a 3 in it
- Our home phone number does too. (Brent's cell number does also).
- The temperature has been three digits for way too many days - today was 113
- I have been to Europe 3 times
- E sleeps 3 hour stretches (sometimes)
- M is 3 feet tall (maybe more by now, but roughly so)
- E eats every 3 hours (usually)
- M weighs (roughly) 38lbs
- We have 3 nephews (so far!)
- Brent has lived in 3 states (only two or one for the rest of us)
- I have three degrees (BA, MA, & JD) - those last two took 3.5 yrs to complete
- The digits of E's birth date are all divisible by 3
- Brent teaches three different courses at OSSM
- I usually travel to three Board meetings a year for my job
- We have owned three cars so far in our marriage
- B has had three different beds
- Our kids have three Uncles
- I went to the gym only 3 days before this costocondritis flareup --- I prefer to go at least 3 days per week
- During my pregnancy I ran 3 miles straight for the first time -- I plan to do so again before the year ends.
- We own 300,000 LEGO blocks (Ok, probably not really exactly that many-- but it seems that way).
- Our house contains three (functioning) computers
- Our home contains three (functioning) cell phones
- M and E are nearly 3 years apart in age (B & M are almost precisely 2.5 yrs apart)

Photo by: Heather Warren Photography
Some of these may be a stretch and you could probably do this with a lot of numbers, but just now three is a big number for us and for our lovely, little lady.  Let the birthday fun begin!


1 comment:

Debra Dotter Blakley said...

What a cool exercise! Loved it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...