Sunday, September 9, 2012

Scrappy Sunday

I continue to work through the "Pop off the Page" class at Studio Calico -- thus, lots of layers.    Any interesting thing did start to happen (aside from lots of layers), I have noticed that I really like adding big shipping tags to the vellum envelopes.  This works for me on several levels.  First, more soft layers and colors for visual interest.  More importantly, it gives me lots of room for writing without taking over the page with my messy handwriting.  Telling the stories behind these photos is probably the most important part to me.  When I add the journaling this way I gain WAY more space and the stories seemed to follow easily. Hooray!  

Also, if there were some journaling that I wanted to be more private this slight blurring or hiding of it would be a good way to do that too.  As scrapbooking is a therapy of sorts for me sometimes the journaling can be pretty personal so a solution like this does make sense from time to time.


This one combines what is increasingly "my" style:  PP, some layers, emphasis in the lower right corner, trailing splatters, dots, etc moving up across the page, small letter stickers, and increasingly more doilies.  More practically, this page on its face is just E's very cute newborn toes (all photos on these pages are via Heather Warren Photography --- so gorgeous!).  However, with all that journaling space, I instead told the story of a special rhyme that I've done with M and E as babies.  It goes like this: "Left foot, Right foot, feet on your nose, kiss on your toes."  The first two steps put each foot on the babies nose one at a time, then together, then kisses.  M was so incredibly flexible that this was super easy.  With E, it requires a bit more effort, but both babies and I have loved it.  Such fun!

(Side note: most of the supplies are from the September SC Kit, SC Store, or from Amy Tangerine's new line). 

We take family pictures every six months.  We started doing this because M and B's birthday's are six months apart so we get annual pictures for each as well as "1/2 birthday" pictures.  Granted, the photos are often not in the months of their actual birthdays, but close.  From this tradition, I started doing journaling and an 8x10  photo for each 1/2 birthday.  I am always a little behind on these, but try to get around to them when I feel inspired.  These papers by Rhonna for MME have been my go-to 8x10 pages this year as they come beautifully layered in images that I can usually cut just a bit to overlap the photo, which I like.  The layering in the bottom left somehow evolved a bit more than anticipated due to my recent class, I suspect.  Again, you see the more extended journaling on the tag in the vellum pocket.  

(Supply Note: This one is a mix, with lots of things from the kit that came with my class.  I will note that the letter stickers I use for M's name are the Hey Day Thickers in Aqua... I am using them a ton lately so I wanted to note it.  I just wish they would stop falling off the page they came on  - pet peeve!)

So, not too many pages this week, but hopefully more to come.  We took more pictures with Heather today so I'm sure we'll have some beautiful images to inspire more creating as well. 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love that page with the baby feet!! I'm in the class too but haven't done a single layout yet :( I've just been reading the lessons. Sigh.

We also do family photos every 6 months, which will work nicely since Baby #2 will be born just after my daughter turns 3 ;) I think I may have to move to yearly for cost concerns once they are 3 and 6-ish, but for now I'm enjoying the frequency since they change so much so quickly!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...