Sunday, December 9, 2012

DD7: Welcome Home


Miss me?  We've had an absolutely crazy, busy, fun weekend with lots to share soon.  For now, here is the page from Friday.  Brent's Dad had been in the hospital and rehab center for almost a month following his stroke in November and got to come home to stay on Friday.  He is doing absolutely amazing.  It was so wonderful to have a little family welcome home party with all the normal trappings of a visit to Grammie and Granddaddy's- pizza, cookies, movies, toys, and fun!  Everyone loved it and it was a great day with the extra bonus of getting to share it with Aunt Jamie as well. 

Saturday morning before our flurry of activity Brent and Everett slept in so I made the below page while the bigs played some games. 

This is about the fun, individual rainbow birthday cakes we made at Bill's surprise 60th Birthday party in Dallas in February. Each of us made one by layering colored batter into mason jars.  Once baked, Jamie, who is a way more organized hostess than I'll ever be, topped them off with these cool very tall 60th candles.  It was a great birthday fun for everyone involved.  

(Crafting note -- yes, I procured some more glitter tape.  So fun and now in many colors!  Most of the rest of these items are from SC kits from December and October.)

I have so many great memories to share from this weekend.  I'm going to write as much as I can before I forget and will share them here soon!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...