Saturday, December 1, 2012

December Daily: Snowflakes


Another bonus day! Bright and early on Friday the kids remembered our plan the day before to make paper snowflakes for their room.  We jumped right in after breakfast.  Brent and I did the cutting (after some googling to remember how the folding works).   In a modern twist, the kids colored or drew designs on most of our creations.  B even drew cut lines for one of the snowflakes and had me cut it for him as it required a bit more hand strength.  The snowflakes are awesome and ready to be hung in the kids room.  The page is on the right, complete with a picture of our creations. I used a Sharpie Poster-Paint Markers extra fine white  to hand write the heading.  I used another bonus card and probably need to make a few more of these. 

The left hand side is a pocket page.  It is the back side of the page about kid crafting spritzed with gold mister huey.  I adhered the edges of the Gold Foil vellum and added a gold snowflake.  When we're done using the snowflakes for decoration, I hope to add one or two of them to this pocket.

I "think" my album cover is finished too.  It was inspired by two different album covers.  The first was a cover with white lines of the twinkle twinkle stamp across with a star in the center.  I did something similar by embossing lines of twinkle, twinkle using red glitter and white embossing powder and versamark ink.  I originally had a different idea that didn't work out.  The result was a big smudgey thing in the middle that needed covering.  I saw this amazing album cover in the SC Member Galleries and found the same ornament at my Target!  I attached it with glossy accents an love the result.  Hooray for December fun, which is already underway as I type this.  
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...