Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Ten on Tuesday

1.  M, being herself.

2.  E clapping


3. B's directorial debut, featuring his recently created St. Patrick's day hand puppet.

4.  I still have to work tonight, so it is crazy that I'm even attempting this, but such is life.

5.  We are leaving for the STL in three days.  I am mostly worried about keeping us all sane during the drive. I have zero idea what happens when we get there, but am 100% sure it will be crazy and fun!

6. E slept through the night for two weeks and now seems to be back to one wake up a night.  Time change? Hmmm, maybe not going to get my miracle of a child sleep-training himself after all.  He can now clap, wave, pull up on things, crawl, take 3 hour naps, and play quietly by himself for extended periods of time (it is odd, but good!)
7.  We painted an "accent" wall in our kitchen.  It is "Smokey Charcoal." Which sometimes looks very gray and other times quite blue or purple.  Regardless it is clean and now wipeable so we're happy.  More amazingly from deciding to do it to completion we finished this project in less than 24 hours. Hooray!


7. B's quote of the day is that the bad part of school today is that they didn't have time for their handwriting lesson.  Clearly both he and I need a few more lessons.  Above is one of our family enrichment activities where he had to think of 5 J and 5 W words. I wrote them down and then he wrote sentences using them. He had plenty of criticism about my handwriting.

8.  I'm trying to be more systematic about cleaning and have started getting the Fly Lady's daily Lite emails.  I'm treating it like I often treat Catholicism. I keep and do the things that work and help me and sort of let the rest go (no, I won't be shining my sink or setting my clothes out at night, thank you very much).

9.  Exercise and weightloss are going well.  I'm down 20lbs since my first weigh-in at home post baby.  I have (mumble mumble) multitudes of that to go, but am trying to be optimistic. Next mini goal is down to pre-pregnancy weight by May 17.

10.  I am coughing again.  Trying to be super diligent about the inhalers, but not enthused.  If it continues I'll go back to the Doctor after our trip.  Meanwhile, the asthma is causing some breathing issues when I run, but manageable. Oh, I got to call 911 on my run today to report a field on fire across from my neighborhood.  (Smoke probably didn't help the run either).  In any case, exciting times and I'm going back to work now!

1 comment:

Debra Dotter Blakley said...

What kind of paint is that? In this picture it looks to be the most amazing middle blue ever and I know that sometimes it looks confederate gray. Awesome. B did great with the camera.....maggie might need a script next tune but improv is what it is. Right?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...