Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday Favorites + Random Musings

This week, I've been pulled thin to moments when I think I'm going to plummet right off some mystical cliff.  The closest I've come so far is yelling at M this evening, but oh the precipices of this week.

One thing I did do this week was go through the first 1/4 of all my scrapbooking supplies to gather things for the Healing Scraps Donation Drive I've been talking about.  So far, I've gathered three boxes of things to share and had another six boxes come in the mail to me or the store.  It is great and my office also looks less like a disaster area, although more like a warehouse as days go by.

What I haven't had time for is scrapbooking (or exercise, but the being ill has been the bigger issue there).  Just as I hope scrapbooking can be healing for some of the victims of the tornado it is my own therapy as well.  It is 11pm and I'm back from taking my mom to the emergency room.  There isn't really time to scrap and still get a good night's rest before Mr. E wakes up so I'm going to share with you links to some of my favorite scrapbook pretties of the moment instead.  Enjoy and I hope you have a fun and restful weekend!


1. Maggie Holmes Gold Glitter Thickers - I love them, really.  They are so different, lovely, versatile, and they actually stay adhered to the page! (Really, its the little things and why do so many Thickers not stick to the page?)

2.  Mint Julep Die Cuts & Transparencies by Basic Grey  - This little packet has SO many clever little bits in it both in paper and transparencies.  I've done several pages already just using these bits as all the embellishments and could do many many more.  Pretty and so fun!

3. "Sunset" Ombre Washi via Studio Calico's Outerbanks Add-on - I sort of impulse purchased this add-on after they offered several discounts and Lady M and I adore the sunset washi tape.  We've been using it on lots of things (just no pages for me yet, she, on the other hand has made a layout on each side of one of the pages from this add-on).

4.  Clear Pop Mint Alphabet by Heidi Swapp - I went past Paper Crown, my LSS, today to talk about strategy for the supply drive and had to pick up a few other things as well.  I've almost bought these letters several times already and today I went ahead and splurged. They are so different and interesting looking.  I was a little surprised at how tall each letter is and can't wait to try them out. It is hard to tell from the picture, but they are plastic and semi-transparent.

5. Aqua Arrow Paper Clips by Freckled Fawn - First, I have to say, I love basically everything I have purchased from Freckled Fawn.  Not only do I love it, I actually USE it right away, which is awesome. (No, I am in no way paid to say this and they probably don't know I exist).  These particular paperclips are exclusive to Two Peas in a bucket and are appearing on almost all the layouts I've made lately.  I also have the plain silver ones.  I was slow to join the paper clip trend, but these arrow clips converted me!

Ok, those are a few of my favorite crafty things and perhaps on Saturday I'll actually get to use them!

Thanks again to everyone's support in the chaos this week and for helping with the supply drive.  E is feeling a bit better and I think my mom is OK too, just a muscle strain we hope.

Have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...