Saturday, July 6, 2013

Happy 4th of July {Part 2}


Today we celebrated the Independence Day with the Richards/Rouse crew.  This involved lots of playing in the pool for Brent and the big kids and a fair bit of playing with my new photo aps for me.  I got a new phone yesterday and feel liberated to have a better camera and much more memory.  The app I used here is by Rhonna Designs and includes filters text, frames, stamps and much more.  It is a little bit addictive and full of beautiful choices. 

I also got the A Beautiful Mess photo app and tried it out as baby E mugged for the camera and showed off his little fauxhawk.  Daddy created this awesome hairstyle with sunscreen + E's natural adorableness.  E and I spent most of the day inside eating, talking, and cuddling.  He was pretty reticent to let anyone else hold him so we stayed close to each other and fairly cool indoors. 

I briefly went outside to take pictures of the swimming crew (below) and E was not pleased.  Ellen loved getting to walk with him, so they persevered for the 5 minutes I was outside.  E and I did swim before lunch, but didn't join the second wave as it was quite hot for our pale skin and his tiny body. 

Brent is awesome in the pool and tons of fun to jump on or dive off of.  He helped the kids swim, play and dive off the diving board. I beliee a great time was had by all. 

B made great progress on his swimming and was quite the little fish. I did get to see a few demos of his new "Superman" glide, which was awesome.  Sadly, he ended up with a bit of a sunburn despite a lot of sunscreen applying (Brent did too). 


Oh, and I was there too.  Happy 4th of July!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Debra Dotter Blakley said...

Sounds like a great time. P.S. I love the photo of you at the end. It's sad to always be the one behind the camera isn't it. I love it when you are in the shots too, since you are my girl.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...