Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Dec. Daily Days 26-28


We'll come back to Christmas Day itself a bit later, but we've been having lots of fun since then as well.  I had to work on the 26th so Brent was home with the kids.  They mostly ran a few errands, played with new presents, and were adorable.  In the afternoon, the Morans came to visit and we had a wonderful time.  It was a wonderful time playing with some of our favorite people 
Day 27: OSSM has an annual all classes reunion each December. I don't know if I've ever been, but this year we brought the whole crew.  Helpfully, there were crafts, LEGOs, and other toys set up in a kids' corner.  We were the only ones who brought kids, but they were very well mannered and played well in their special area.  I ran into an old friend and APO brother, which was definitely the highlight for me (other than our strangely well-behaved children, of course).  In the evening, Grammie & Granddaddy watched the kids so Brent and I could attend the adults-only portion of the reunion too. 

Day 28 - We drove to Tulsa to meet baby Maia!  She was just as beautiful and snuggly as reported! Her parents graciously let us have lots of time to hold her.  Meanwhile, there was a lot going on all around with kids playing dress up, singing on the "stage," and playing games of all kinds.  The Palfreymans joined us late in the day for even more fun!

Here are the two pages together.  I think the small journaling cards work well for days like this and I like having more pictures or more pretty cards in the mix. 

I am happy to report that my PL has also been brought forward to Dec. 21 so it is looking promising for both projects to actually be completed relatively close to their end dates.  I think I'll be running December Daily in to a few days in January because my family's Christmas is on Jan. 1 and we are having our annual Christmas Tea on Jan. 4th.  So look for a few more December Daily posts, but they will likely be grouped more like these. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...