Friday, March 7, 2014

Five on Friday

Here are a few of my favorite things:

1. Duolingo - Is an ap that help teach foreign languages (although you might be able to use it on a computer too). It is free, and fun. It feels a little like a game. I spend about 10-15 minutes with my ap every day and am loving it.  There are currently six languages available and several more in development.  Check it out!

2. Sesame Street - I was feeling sad that E had seen almost no Sesame Street so we've reintroduced it and frankly all three kids are enjoying it.  Today's episode was titled "Failure to Launch" and is about what it means to be an engineer.  Very cool.  The secondary them is being a helper, which we, of course, are fans of too.

3. Let it Go - As you know, we are HUGE fans of the Frozen Soundtrack.  I was a bit sad that they cut and rushed the song on the Oscars, but loved this version that cam out the next day with Jimmy Fallon, Indina Menzel, and The Roots using some very basic instruments so it is almost a capella.

4. Dollcake Children's clothing - Now, realistically, these are all way too expensive, but I saw this dress and it totally reminded me of a twirling dress I had as a kid. SO beautiful!

5. Twisted Rope Bun - In the more realistic realm of things I thought this rope bun tutorial was very helpful and I hope to try it soon.  This week we're in to braids again, but I'm sure we'll have room to experiment too. 

1 comment:

Debra Dotter Blakley said...

This is what your hair looked like much of the time when you were little. I twisted and wrapped it just like this. It seemed to be the best at keeping it contained for a longer period of time. And you thought it was beautiful, which it was. :) What goes round does indeed come round.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...