Day 16 - In which I give up on getting photos taken of this project while the sun is up. That is an unrealistic expectation at the moment so my apologies for some photo issues. Onward! In the past, I've devoted on day of December Daily to each child. This year, days like that just really weren't happening spontaneously. Also 3 days out of this project is a lot to use for "personality" stories. On the 16th it started as just a page about B, but ultimately I did a segment about each child and think it worked well.
B is being very cooperative, communicative, and a great helper of late, not to mention very busy at school. I love this look and his semi-demolished "gingerbread" house from school in the background. Also, that huge gold B is just too cool. I wrote about how his is "Right Now" in the journaling and did the same with each of the others. The journaling is pretty real for all of them with some good stuff and some challenges.
For once, M isn't the kid in the middle. This time E is in that spot. I wanted to keep the pages together and thought using both sides of an insert helped keep the feel of one spread. He has a picture and journaling on each side of the insert. All the photos are from December, but not necessarily from the 16th. (Yes, that is another gold glitter embossed star. I love them).
Here is E's page open over M's spread.
Last but not least, Lady M in all her dancing joy. The top photo is from the parking lot after the Nutcracker. I loved it, but it didn't fit on the 13th. I'm happy to find it a home here. The bottom photo is actually from the 17th as Brent & M practice her reading as they do most nights. She is doing much better all around this week and back to her dancing self, which is much happier for all of us.
Crafting note: More gold, glitter embossed stars...still loving them. The cool thing though is those tissue paper confetti pieces. First I used them to create a patterned border along the blank edge of her photo above (much nicer than a parking lot) and then made a little corner with them below. They are happy and really add visual interest with very little work. I also wanted more transparent elements. Originally, I allowed these to float, but decided to attach them with staples to hold them in place and add a little different texture/color than I've been using as keeping any adhesive invisible here would have been tough.