Wednesday, December 3, 2014

December Daily - Day 2 - Spice


In 2012, my brother and my mom opened Savory Spice Shop OKC.  Being part of the retail world has definitely shifted our Christmas season. We give many spice-related gifts to teachers, friends, and family.  I help out with some of the social media efforts.  Our family gatherings are scheduled around busy season or spice shop hours.  And there is just basically more spice in our lives.  Yesterday,  M and I experimented with Chai "tea" we didn't add tea, just steeped the spices and added milk and sugar.  It was awesome and I loved sharing it together on a cold day.  I also like getting a picture of me in the book early on.  It was one of Shimelle's challenges in Journal Your Christmas this year and an important thing to remember as the person usually taking the photos!
 We also stopped by the shop, visited with Grandma, and picked up a few flavored sugar tubes for extra gifts. It is such a part of our story now that I wanted to include it this year and this seemed like an appropriately "spicey" day.

Craft notes:  The gold stars, number, heart sticker, letter stickers and pattern paper are from the kit.  I added a silver "Christmas Cheer" Sticker from Pink Paislee and stamped one of the circle sentiments on the card.  Very simple decorations today and I was done in less than 15 minutes.  I find it interesting how much more I actually use stamps during my December Daily, but I'm going with it.

This is the "front" of the confetti pocket again with white behind it so you can see the words and tidbits a bit more easily. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...