3. I love this adorable picture. I found a praying mantis in the bushes and Brent captured it. He helped M hold it and did a little science time explaining how it captures food, etc. They are adorable.
5. My job is intense right now. The uptick in responsibilities, tons of "new" stuff I know nothing about, and my normal busy season are colliding. Before one of those meetings I was leading with very little clue what I was doing I decided to blast "Virtuoso" through my house first --- sort of like athletes before a big game. Decided to at least fake being the virtuoso of project planning for today!
6. Lady M was sick this weekend. It was pitiful. She is rarely sick and wasn't even terribly sick this time, but mostly curled up in balls on pillows, the couch, or her bed for a day or so with an intermittent fever and stomach ache. She eventually rallied sometime on Sunday. This did shift all of our plans for the weekend to basically no plans, which wasn't such a bad thing.
7. B attended his second slumber party -- both with his friend Adam. I think they may have gone to bed a bit earlier this time. It sounds like plenty of junk food, electronics, and then doughnuts and a movie the next day. I took the littles to see the movie the night before with Audra so everyone got to have some extra fun. He didn't return until nearly 1pm on Saturday so he missed out on the coffee/farmer's market run, but seemed fine with that.
8. E continues to be adorable and loves being outside. He also continues to dislike potty training. He has childcare pretty intermittently right now for a variety of weird reasons. He is pretty excited to get to stay home whenever that comes up and will get to play with Grandma Friday morning, or so I hear. He is a sneaky guy and will find his way outside anyway he can, scarily without telling people. I love that he has good safe places to play, but really has to still have an older buddy if he is going to be in the front yard as his judgment is suspect.
9. Brent and I now have bicycles, which so far we haven't ridden further than a couple houses away. In theory, we'll go on rides together sometimes on nights when my mom stays over or ride with the kids in some combination. E needs a seat or carrier of some kind probably so we can all go on family rides. I hadn't ridden a bike in MANY years, but it seems to be coming right back. I refused to try it without a helmet though as my brain is probably one of our most valuable family resources at the moment.
10. We had planned to build a table for the craft space in the new house. It was already becoming clear that that was not going to happen anytime soon. I discovered a local craftsman who is now building us a table and two benches. The table is only maybe 10% more than I was planning to spend making it ourselves and will actually (gasp) be here by November. I'm really excited to get to work with an actual person in Oklahoma building furniture themselves. It is in no way fancy and we definitely "could" have done it ourselves with some tools borrowed from Zach, but this is much less angst inducing and actually happening in a month or less. We also ordered a storm shelter last week to get state fair pricing. It is being installed in about a month too. Progress all around!