Thursday, December 20, 2018

December Daily 2018: Days 10, 11, & 12

 Day 10: We had a lot of home work and Chores and things today so I felt like we needed a little merry at the end of the day and handed out the Christmas PJs.  This is pretty much how it goes. I have a list of things I plan for December, but often don't assign them to a particular day so we have some flexibility as the schedule evolves.
 Here is the two page spread. It seems really weird to have identical style pages next to each other.  I am thinking of adding an insert of B with his first day of braces too...
 Day 11: B's first band concert.  Having this the same day he got his braces was a bit crazy and extremely unintentional. He persevered and did better than I expected.  I also took a bit of crazy driving around the Edmond North parking lots to get there so was a little wild transit, but a lovely concert. Grandma joined in the fun and a good time was had by all .
Day 12:  I came to the stunning realization after the concert that it was almost Santa Lucia's day and, unlike these other random traditions, I didn't have the appropriate food on hand so I madly ran out and bought orange rolls before the store closed. M, Grandma, and I made them in the morning and properly crowned her with lights.
 This is one of my favorite moments of Advent ad needs a few more photos so these pages flip up.
 The lower page lifts to show the whole crew at early breakfast with our orange rolls and hot chocolate.
 Here is the double page spread.
I made this base page in November based on a similar page of Ali's and I very much love it.  It is purely an art piece, but lovely and elegant and a good match for the day in the end.  This actually also is E's 1/2 birthday so an accidental celebration of that as well. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...