Monday, December 10, 2018

December Daily 2018 Days 4, 5, & 6

 Here is what the days 3-4 spread looks like.  I ended up with a small insert + a full page.
 Day 4 was all about cookie making/testing.  We didn't really have the appropriate ingredients so we just made 3 small batches with the ingredients we had on hand. It was lots of fun1
 The back of the insert card is just patterned paper from a prior year plus the date.  I l love the layers even though I know my album is going to be huge later, but crafting is 1/2 the fun.
 The full page is this overhead shot of all three kids putting dough on the sheets together.  I love it. One thing I've definitely learned from Ali is to go ahead and make/use the big prints in these books. I always love it when I make it happen. (Thanks to Brent for patiently helping me through making this originally horizontal image work in a large size).
 The two page spread looks like this.
 Day 5 was about Christmas card making and processing. We are sending more cards than ever this year and I'm so excited that they are all ready to go!
 Day 5/6 together-
Day 6 - 6th Grade Winter Fest -  First a 3x8 page with B and his friend Jack as the party wound down.  The party included games, inflatables, food, dancing, photobooth, etc... lots of 6th graders running amok.
 The back tells the story.  The sweetest part was that when it was over he wanted to go get snowcones just the two of us.  It completely melted me. I could tell as the party wore on that he was getting kind of bored/frustrated/over it and all my middle school angst came right back. I was so touched that his proposed recovery was a little date out with me.  I also love that he looked for a way (consciously or not) to turn his mood around.
 Two page spread.
The top photo is hard to see, but it is the dancing. B is somewhere in the middle of it. 

I was really grateful that I'm friends with more of the moms now as it was good to have people to go to with questions and/or talk to while we waited around.  It also seems to be helping build up B's friend base a little. Middle school is weird, but there is no one else I'd rather walk through it with again. He is doing awesome!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...