Saturday, October 18, 2008

Hello again!

Hello again! So sorry for the delay, but it was Board week. For those unfamiliar with this crazy part of my life Board week is the week the GW Board of Trustees meets. Assisting the Board is one of my duties at GW so I flew to DC Tuesday and returned just last night. While I was there, I got to see many good friends and loved being back with my colleagues and even the work. In good news, my boss has offered me my job for as long as I want it so the job security issue is over which is a pleasant relief and actually the first time in the 5.5 years I've worked for GW that there is no temporary nature to my employment. (Weird, but true and glad to have moved past that). Meanwhile, at left, is a picture of Holly, Emily, Calista and I who had dinner with Dwight on Thursday in Clarendaon. I also had happy hour with Sara and pizza, cake and the debate with Lori & Philip. It was great to catch up with everyone's news and share some quality time. I admit, I worked alot, but I also got to spend some time with people I love so it all balanced out. I did miss the guys though and it was great to be home.

While I was gone, our parents took good care of B. The Richards Grandparents went first starting Monday evening as my flight was very early and then they took all day on Tuesday & Wednesday. Brent took care of the evenings of course, but had to go in as usual on Wednesday for dorm night so our Moms did that together. My Mom watched B on Thursday and Friday. I think overall B did great until Friday when he started to struggle a bit more, but no more than when he is with me. He is a wonderful boy, but has definitely inherited our stubborness too.

From what I've heard he enjoyed movies with Granddaddy, tickling Grammy and many walks with Grandma B. He even got a new Dinosaur (thank you Granddaddy) and new boots (thanks Grandma B). He also learned to "read" Oh my, Oh my, Oh Dinosaurs. Of course, this actually means he will either just babble through it turning pages or repeat the last word you say so "Happy" "Sad" "Good" "Bad" "Song" etc for those of you familiar with the book. It is super cute. He also is progressing with recognizing animals so "Barnyard Dance" and "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you See?" and that series is more fun too.

Today's surprise was that he (and we actually) really like Barley. Previously, I've put it in soups and things, but this time we simply cooked 1 c. Barley in 4 c. chicken stock and 2 c. water with 1/2 tsp. salt for 35 minutes. Then we strained it and stirred in a tablespoon or two of butter. It is an interesting texture and pretty delcious. We pulled the recipe from How to Eat Supper which Brent bought me for our anniversary this year. Brendan had thirds so apparently quite popular.

Our congratulations go out to Able for getting his instrument rating qualification. Yippee!! Able is also in town this week so we look forward to seeing him and my family tomorrow. Brent is going hiking with the OU guys on Sunday while we go to the farm so a fun day all around. Also this week, birthdays for Able, Tracie & my Grandpa. My mom's was last week and she kindly spent part of it watching B. We love you all!

Sorry, I still don't have pics of the "This Week" project. I have done the text portions, but my photos STILL haven't come so I'll wait until I have some samples of both to show you. However, I did do a little scrapbooking today and here is a page I did of B's first Halloween. (The colors aren't quite right after scanning it, but you get the idea.) I decided to do a book that will just have one page for each Halloween going forward so that is where this will go. I also did some full size pages for our regular book. It was fun and neat to do as Halloween is approaching even if it is last year's pictures.

I hope you all had a great week and look forward to seeing you soon!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...