Saturday, November 8, 2008

Guy's Night

I am a big fan of Girls' Nights, Girls' Weekends and generally have always made clear how key it is to my balance having time with my girls. I travel near and far to do this and Brent is always 100% supporting including watching the little one and being OK with whatever expense I incur along the way (we even have a special sub-savings account just for this:)). This is great and so important for me! Next weekend is a smaller version of our annual Girls' Weekend and I'm so excited.

I have, however, thought at times it was a bit unfair as Brent wasn't really getting to enjoy any comparable events. He had never complained a bit, but I hoped he could join in the fun. He always hung out with Erik which was great, but not quite the group events I was enjoying. We also do many group events with other couples, kids, etc which I love, but to me there is something special about my girl time that I wanted him to get to experience too. In good news, since returning to OK we have found some great "guys" events. I think I mentioned the hike a couple weeks ago which was the first. Last night, they had a "camping" event at Will's house with lots of video game time and male bonding. Just six guys I know and like hanging out. I am that crazy wife who was actually delighted that he was out all night with the guys and delighted to see him when we came back. I think they had a great time (although I admit I don't have all the details). He seems happy and therefore so am I.

Friends play an important role in our lives. We've always been clear about our family first approach, but particularly when not near our families our friends took on some of that role. It is great to now be surrounded by both. I'm feeling quite lucky and blessed this morning.

Ps. Quick confession - You have likely noticed I'm posting a lot more often of late. I am tentatively participating in NaBloPoMo - which translates to National Blog Posting Month. The challenge is to post everyday for a month. The idea, in part, is to get people to incorporate writing into their daily lives. As I'm now on the eighth day I thought it was time to fess up. I'm not sure I'll make the whole month as I don't want to post just for the sake of posting, but we'll see. Hope you enjoy it!

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

I am LOVING your increased number of blogs =) Not only do I feel like I get to find out all about what you're doing, with Serenity sleeping on her own I spend a lot of time wishing I had more updates like yours to read =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...