Sunday, November 2, 2008

Haircut(s) - Part II

You will likely remember our first attempt at giving B a haircut. As it grew out, it got a bit scruffy or uneven and wasn't lying particularly flat. Yesterday Brent used his newly discovered barber skills to tame it a bit. It isn't much shortner, but it is a bit more uniform and the hair over the ear has grown in a bit so it is a little less obvious. Still no verdict on what we'll do going forward, but in good news the clipper set has now been used three times (twice with B & once with Nate) so it has probably worth the initial cost.

I also got a hair cut yesterday. I was again stunned by how long it takes to get a cut + highlights. The price is also a bit daunting. I think I'll have to come up with some other solution. I like the look but it is blonder than it has been since before B so probably won't be that easy to maintain in the long term. Perhaps I'll go back to overall color after this as the grey situation requires some tending too as I can hear my Grandmother's voice in my head nudging me whenever I see them. (Yes, I have plenty of gray and am not yet 30). Any interesting side bit of the new cut is that Brent thinks I look more like Audra than ever. Oddly, as we've grown older we get that more and more. Last spring when she visited DC people thought we were twins at times. I don't think it is that close, but see for yourself. Below are pictures of B and I with our new cuts and the most recent one of B & Audra for comparison. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Audra said...

Abbey,
I don't see it that much, but when your hair is straightened we do look more alike. But you sure can tell we are sisters!!!!

r said...

I thought the top picture was of Audra until I read otherwise. Verdict from Utah: you look strikingly similar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...