Thursday, November 20, 2008

Love Thursday: The Next Generation

My inspiration for today's post is Lynn & TJ's new daughter Molly Joan born yesterday in Virginia and welcomed by a loving parents and big brother Ben. Lynn was my very first close friend to have a baby. The Hoppers followed just days later with Nathanael and there have been many more happy families since then. I find more and more I love being with my friends and family's kids and watching them with mine. For instance, I love holding Nate's hand as we cross the street from the gym and love watching Brent with Nate & B in the tent at the Hopper House. I love that I got to meet Allie on her very first day and look forward to meeting the Griffin boys, Clara, Serenity, Samantha and now Molly. I have played with Cali as she worked on those early tricky steps. I held Ben as his mom helped me prepare for motherhood. I loved recently watching John, Kaedyn, Ethan, Tyler and B play while Janna, Jamie and I pondered motherhood with the generation of Moms before us. I wait eagerly to hear about new kids joining the mix in the next year and wondering which other friend (sibling?) might be ready for this ride. Dotter reunions have changed somewhat as the great-grandkids now total nine spread across the country and I wonder when I'll meet little Clara so far away in Connecticut. I love that when the little kids are together I feel more relaxed that B is fine as I know some extra sets of parental eyes are watching out for him. I think this shared community not just of Moms, but of parents and kids more broadly isn't one I was anticipating, but is one I treasure. Another suprisingly cool aspect is how sweetly all our friends and family, parents or not, have embraced our little ones with love, patience help and understanding. It is so awesome. Thank all of you for sharing your little ones with us, for watching mine and for such wonderful shared memories. Happy Love Thursday to you all and most especially to Molly and her family!

(Captions: 1) Abbey, B, Lynn & Ben, 2) Brent, B & John, 3) Brent, B, Scott & Nate, 4) Abbey & Cali)

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Great post! It is so exciting to see our family grow. Parenthood is such a wonderful club to be a part of!

I think I can safely assume the "(siblings?)" comment is not geared towards us just yet. :) So I will jump on board with your siblings. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes I also assume that the siblings comment is aimed at me and I can't wait to join the club, but sadly we will be waiting a few more months!

Debra Dotter Blakley said...

Well, I just hope it isn't aimed at Able so yeah,it must be Fro. What beautiful writing today. Isn't it interesting that the more love we give away to our children and to others, the more more love we have. Ah, the mysteries of heaven; and some say there is no God.

Jamie said...

Well said Deb!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...