Saturday, November 15, 2008

Stories in Hand


I know some of you are following along in the Stories in Hand project and some are going to do it later. It is an interesting experience for me thus far. The first couple days were a lot of printing, cutting and hole punching. I don't usually use digital elements so that was a bit new to me. We have now created our tools and are moving on to working on our writing.

The writing prompts are definitely interesting and thought provoking. I'll be interested to see where this takes us. I'm a little unsure at the moment. I rarely lack things to write or scrapbook about, but rather have trouble managing the pile of things on the mental list. I think at the moment part of the exercise is getting a list of stories you want to tell onto paper so you can work through it more systematically, but I'm not sure yet. I'm remaining open minded as I like the design thus far and definitely could use more of a system to my creative process. If nothing else, the memory searching process is an interesting one and I have a new tool in my arsenal.

As you can see, I've attempted to scan in the cover of the book I made for the project. I embellished the design provided only slightly. (Yes, I promise, today I will buy a camera of some kind). The scanned image is a bit smudgy, but you get the idea.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...