Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"Tummy Growing"

We've been talking to B about the new baby and what's going on, soliciting his thoughts on a boy or girl (girl) and generally trying to get him thinking about it. I know it is probably silly as he has such a short memory at times, but we want him involved in this big change in our family. Meanwhile, I'm struggling a little with the concept that I'm expanding more rapidly than before. I'm not sure you'd say I'm showing per se, but definitely clothes don't fit right and if you look closely there is a bit of protrusion. I don't think anyone not looking for it would see, but is so weird and early as last time didn't worry about clothes, etc until 4 or 5 months. They tell you it will be different with the second and I didn't really ever bring my abs back to shape, but it is still weird to have the changes so early. One day last week we were talking about the baby growing in Mama's tummy and B summed it up nicely---Tummy Growing!

3 comments:

Summer said...

I'm feeling you on this one. Although I feel like the growing has slowed down at this point. It seems like I got big really fast (like at 10-12 weeks I saw a belly) but now it's kind of steadied out. I definitely should've focused a bit more on the abs after K, maybe it wouldn't have popped out so fast! Oh well, it's a blessing so no real worries here.

Abbey said...

I agree on the timing exactly! I was really hungry around them for some reason and then there we were. Just way early, but hopefully will moderate as you suggest. Glad I'm not the only one with this craziness.

jcarr said...

Yep-second one is different. I showed a LOT earlier with Kaedyn and there was 5 years in between! I just wonder what the 3rd one will bring...I have a feeling I should get my maternity pants ready the minute we get a positive result! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...