Friday, July 24, 2009

Love Thursday: My Mom


(OK, so its Friday, but who's counting?)

This week my Mom has been a tremendous help. She came on Tuesday to help with B as I was out of energy and stayed through the chaos of that night through Thursday evening when she headed back for book club. Her being here and being able to take all these days to spend with B and I has been such a blessing. I've even gotten to take a nap every day! I'm not sure what I would have done otherwise as my energy levels are rather sporadic. Sometimes I'm fine and I'm sure B and I would have worked it out, but with her here he is getting to spend his last days as an only child on fun adventures with Grandma not just sitting around with his tired mom.

This morning, she surprised us all by returning to help out again today. It was perfect timing as I'm very tired and achy this morning and can feel the headache returning. Currently, she and B are off getting doughnuts together while I try to rest and drink lots of water. It is one of those things where I'm sure I "could" make it what with my aversion to "can't" but it definitely made the week much better for all of us. I feel so incredibly blessed that she has been here with us, watching B, helping and encouraging me, and sharing in our voyage this week.

We cannot thank you enough Mom, you have made the difference between a tough, tired week and a wonderful one for all of us. We love you!

1 comment:

Debra Dotter Blakley said...

Thanks for the kind words Abb; it was all my pleasure. Any time I get to spend with you and the B is fun time for me. I should go purchase a box of hair color it looks like. Ha ha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...