Friday, December 4, 2009

Traditions- Music

b

In the Dotter clain music is fundamental. We all sing and play instruments to varying degrees. The Dotter daughters and granddaughters (nearly all 10 of us) sang at my Grandmother's funeral and it was so incredibly moving. We practiced around her piano before the service all together, but I digress. Last week, my Grandmother's piano has made its journey to the farm and my mother's house. This marked the begining of its journey with my little guy as well. Grandma B (aka my mom) started teaching him how to treat the piano gently with respect. They "played" together and he learned just a bit about music. Such a wonderful tradition and I love that he is starting to share in it as well. I hope the piano is the start of many happy memories for B as well.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...