Monday, February 22, 2010

J is for Jaguar

In the third installment of our Zoo classes, B moved up to the three-year old classes. This month the subject as Jaguars. We did the same routine, of stories, pictures, questions, informational type introduction followed by crafts, snacks, and a visit to see the jaguars out in the zoo.

There was a bit of crying when we entered the classroom. This time, M wasn't with us (was with Ms. Maureen) so I was able to do a bit better job of comforting and letting him sit on my lap until he was comfortable and started participating again. I thought the craft idea was pretty nifty.

After we saw the jaguar pacing, we were released to enjoy the zoo and wandered around through the small cats exhibit. He played with friend M who often attends these classes too. Mostly they chased each other in circles which is prime three year old boy fun.

Then, B and I meandered through the exhibits. We were able to wander slowly and he got my full attention. It was weird how sweet and wonderful that was when it was our norm until just a few months ago. I tried not to rush him and to just enjoy the moment. We fed the ducks together and finished up playing on the tiger statue. After the last picture here, he informed me "no more pictures" so we just enjoyed the day before heading home via sonic for his favorite "blue slush" and corndog combo.

I'm setting it up so we can do this each month alone. I think it will be good for us to have a little adventure together routinely. Now, I'm trying to figure out some sort of monthly/bi-monthly thing M and I can do in a similar vein. Several classes/activites I've looked at are weekly or twice weekly which is just a bit much for our schedule at present. Any Suggestions?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...