Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Scrapbooking Update




Believe it or not, I've actually gotten quite a bit of scrapbooking done this year.  I am loosely challenging myself to do 52 layouts this year and think I am right on pace with nine layouts thus far. (At the moment I'm counting two page layouts as one layout, but I reserve the right to change my mind later:)

I think my current strategy of scrapbooking whatever I want regardless of chronology (described a bit here) is really working for me.  I think it is helping me shift more to telling stories than just scrapbooking events. Believe it or not, I've even already scrapbooked some things from 2010, which if you know my usual timing is a huge change. This shift is also leading to more one page layouts, which is a surprising change as before mine were almost always two pages.  Here are a couple of my favorite pages thus far.





Meanwhile,  I've also finished the December Daily project.  It was a great project and I do plan to do it again.  That said, it was a huge effort.  I really only worked on the actual book on maybe 5 days, but usually quite a bit on those days. It was also my first album with different sizes and types of pages.  My Mom was a bit surprised that I was cool with that chaos, but I actually ended up really liking it. 

  I chose to end the book at 25 days as Ali Edwards does as when I got to that point it just felt right and I preferred to have more pages for the final days rather than covering the last week. (Having a funeral in the midst of that last week probably contributed).  I did wish I could print quality photos at home, as I think if I did a page a day it would be quick and easier. I've learned a lot for next year and look forward to doing it again.  That said, I'm glad to finally put this one away knowing it will be there for us to enjoy next year. 

Following up on the mini-album trend above, started a mini album loosely titled "Heart of my Heart." It is really just pictures of the four of us that I love all in one place with sweet sentiments.  You can find all the pages I've done this year as well as the complete December Daily collection online here.  I will continue to add this year's layouts periodically as we go along. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...