Friday, April 16, 2010

Maggie & Audra Love Peas

When my sister was little she was famously found, and photographed, sitting in her diaper in the compost pile rather dirty eating pea pods.  As someone with a child about that same age, I'm not that surprised as M can get wherever she wants to be very quickly despite my best intentions.  Audra survived that event, but uses it as part of her third-child people weren't paying attention story.

Lady M had her own pea pods encounter recently which made me so wish I had a copy of that picture.  Mom and I had had steamed sugar snap peas for dinner while M was sleeping.  When M awoke after Grandma's departure I started feeding her some of the peas out of the pods that were left over.  Lady M, of course, was not satisfied with just the peas.  No, she had to have the pods as well.  She was very insistent and worked and worked to gnaw them down.  I tried to get them into relatively small pieces and admit there was some occasional gagging noise, but she had a great time.  It could be that maybe pea pods are just particularly delicious at this age, although I love them still.  Here's to many more fun family memories to be made.

1 comment:

Audra said...

At least M is eating her pea pods supervised and not in along with other compost. But I have to admit they are delicious!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...