Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Ten on Tuesday


Came to the startling realization during our bedtime routine that it actually was Tuesday and that I should start thinking of things for this list.  Just about then, Lady M stepped in to help out by providing the first two items:

1.  Our baby Lady took her first tiny step today!  It was quite accidental.  I let go of her hands, she stood for a moment then took a little step to where she could reach me again.  Brent and I both saw it which was awesome. That said, this isn't my first spin on learning to walk and I expect it to be a couple months before she actually does.  B took a step like this and it was nearly three months before he was actually walking so we're remaining calm.  Seriously, I'm not sure I can take her having any more access to things to pull out, tear, and otherwise investigate, but very cute.

2.  Brent and I were discussing her taking another baby's bottle at the Y today when she promptly grabbed her own bottle, sitting nearby, and fed herself one handed?!?!  She rarely feeds herself her bottle and one handed is pretty advance.  Apparently, she is feeling quite independent today.

3. Less momentous for me, but big for the students was the OSSM Commencement on Saturday. I went with Brent while Grammy and Granddaddy watched the kids.  It was sort of neat in that this was the class we entered with and went to convocation with when Brent first began teaching at OSSM.  On the other hand it was exceedingly hot to sit outside on the steps of the state capital for a couple hours when you don't know anyone graduating.  I did take pictures of Brent in his regalia which I've been meaning to do and some of the graduates with him as well. I feel like we need more of Brent's story in our scrapbook world so these will be good for that.

4.  Ah scrapbooking, this weekend was our monthly Wii/Crop party.  Sadly, I got zero pages done during the party due to other hostessing duties and no one other than Jennie around that wanted to craft with me just then.  I did, however, get five pages done this week including the one pictured here.

5. June is going to be wild. I  pretty much will have none of my normal childcare.  MDO is done until August 18th (Picture is B on the last day--- We Miss you Ms. Vhonda!) and my primary babysitter is going on vacation for 2+ weeks.  Before she leaves we are going to the farm for a few days so it will be complete three weeks.  Ms. Maureen and my Mom are helping fill in, thankfully so I think we'll be OK. However, during this time Brent will be gone for four days to Hoboken, NJ for a conference and then working until at least 8pm four days a week on his IRSP (summer research program he administers).  Yeah, we'll see if I'm still standing when it is time to board my plane for DC on the 26th. I am going to need a break.

6. In completely random news, M discovered the laundry room this week on one of her exploratory missions.  She had the traditional moment of enjoying watching the clothes wash and dry. I even cleaned the viewing panes so she could properly enjoy.  It seems a rite of passage somehow and is entertaining to watch with her.

7. On Friday, we went swimming at the Y in the evening.  B, oddly, was much more worried about going under and resistant to floating or kicking than Lady M.  She was all about being on her tummy arms and legs flailing away and dipping her face in for bubbles.  Perhaps just too little to be scared? Still not sure anyone is getting into swimming lessons this summer as they pretty much filled before I thought to look into it.  Suppose we'll have to work on that in the fall or winter when fewer people are taking lessons.  Meanwhile, here's a picture of our cutie in her suit.

8. My parents are being quite the travelers of late and have visited both my siblings over the last week in STL and Denver.  My Mom is now visiting a friend in AZ.  Hopefully we're up next!

9.  B loves keeping us in line. Brent and I spent much of Saturday evening cleaning (yes, we're cool people) in advance of Sunday's Wii/Crop party.  When B woke up the broom was leaning against the bar as we couldn't put it away the night before when the floor was wet.  He immediately informed us that the broom does not go there and that it should be in the laundry room.  Followed, of course, by the rejoinder -- "Silly Daddy!"

10. It is suddenly very much summer in Oklahoma.  It feels like spring was very short-- maybe just the few weeks of storms?  This week we're solidly in the 90s and climbing.  I wish the cool would last a bit longer, but perhaps we'll just have to learn to take better advantage of the mornings as I'm working straight afternoons for the summer.

Hope you all are having a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Dang,how do you manage all that scrapbooking in a week?!? I'm impressed. I can't seem to get any done and I have 0 kids!

Jamie said...

Yeah for Mags!!! That is a awesome!

I can not wait to see you guys this weekend! VERY much looking forward to it! missing you all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...