Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

Believe it or not, even after my long-winded post yesterday there is still more to tell.

1. Summer Living update- Chrissie submitted several summer fun ideas in the comments of yesterday's post, only one of which we hadn't done of late.  So, of course we did that this afternoon.  Here is the beginning of our adventure in sidewalk painting.  It got very messy, but was lots of fun and Lady M was very colorful when we finished.

2. We made Brent this fun Father's Day Banner this week from a free pdf  I found via Cool Mom Picks. It was very easy to make and I really like it. (Hoping Brent did too).

3.  While pondering my Sister's new arrival into Motherhood I made this layout about my first day of Motherhood and general musings on the subject.

4. Then, I made a Father's Day Layout for Brent.  It seemed better than the usual card as we'll have it in our album and captures a bit of where he is in fatherhood just now, from my perspective.  (Note the similarity in the layout?? Yeah, more about words than graphic design this weekend).  I also made father's day cards for some of the other dad's in our life working on a related model.

5. Still no childcare this week. Now I think officially four layers of redundancy in my childcare system have fallen through and we're down to just a couple awkward options, but, as usual, making it work.

6. Remember the flooding? Here are a couple pictures from our driveway of the scene from here.

7.  Are you familiar with TOMS shoes? For each pair you buy they donate a pair to a child in need. I have not seen ones that appealed to me much in the past despite liking their mission.  Until these wedges--- hmm.. . so tempting.

8. I have decided to try out Camp Scrap via Big Picture Scrapbooking.  After a flurry of pages earlier in the spring the pace seems to have slowed and with my Drexel teaching resuming soon I feel like a little extra motivation to do some creating for fun will be needed. I'll let you know how it goes.  I am a bit concerned about how it will work for the 4 days I'm in DC starting on Saturday, but we shall see.

9. Oh right, I'm going to DC again this week (Smiles).  This time it is for the National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA) 50th Annual Conference.  I  have not been to the conference since I was pregnant with B and am very excited to go.  I have also had the honor of being selected to be on the programing committee for the 2011 conference so I will be going to San Francisco next year and doing a lot of work with the national team in the interim. I have worked on plans to see some friends and old haunts while in DC so it looks to be a great journey.

10. Today, just before the sidewalk painting we had another bug hunt. I want to state for the record that I do not enjoy taking pictures of bugs.  I will continue though as long as B remains interested.  We do have quite a collection now.....

4 comments:

Grammy said...

Thought of a summer night activity - Brendan needs to catch a lightning bug.

Tell him my tomato was yummy!

Grammy said...

Thought of a summer night activity - Brendan needs to catch a lightning bug.

Tell him my tomato was yummy!

Audra said...

Why is Brendan wearing jeans and a long sleeve shirt, if I remember correctly it is usually right around a million degrees in OK at this point in the year. Silly guy:)

Abbey said...

B is wearing jeans and long sleeves because he picks out his own clothes, but you knew that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...