Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Creative Moment


I think it is time we admit I'm an addict. I need my fix or I fall out of balance. In the process of my 30 pages in 30 days adventure it became even more of a habit. Yes, I'm talking about scrapbooking. I've always loved it, or at least for the last decade. But lately, I just have to have it. I made it more than a week after my return from STL, but largely because of birthday bonanza and a very messy desk. That, and the 25 papers I have to grade.

Today, however, I decided I could take it no longer so while everyone else was asleep or doing their thing. I made this page. It is inspired by today's Big Idea Festival project by Lisa Day (via Big Picture Scrapbooking). I modified the design abit and incorporated the "heart" challenge from Shimelle's weekend crop festivities. The page is about four generations of the Dotter family enjoying the lake together (Yes, Brent has pointed out there is not a picture of the lake, my apologies, but you get the point).

  Most of the products are from the July Cocoa Daisies kit, which is being used by all 13 instructors at the Big Idea Festival. I bought the kit, in part, to push my creativity and comfort zone. Do you see something unusual? Yes, there is orange on my layout. Orange and pink together even. These are the primary colors in the kit and I'm learning to use and love them. One really should not keep an entire color (say orange) out of your creative world. So here I go again, happily back to the scrapbooking table. Right after I grade a couple more papers that is...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mary said...

As an OU alumna, you have every right to have an aversion to the color orange :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...