Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. I struggle with what to make for B's lunches.  They have to be eaten cold and hopefully (although not as mandatory this year) do not contain peanut products.  He has a Star Wars Clone Wars Lunch bag he loves, but I love the bento box concept.  I have recently started following Another Lunch and am going to apply some of their lunch combination ideas to our not-so bento box set-up. I may even get some small containers to somewhat convert the Star Wars bag as I so like the idea of a few little things that are good for him and fun.

2.  B saw his second Star Wars Movie: Star Wars Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back  on Sunday. He very much enjoyed it and proceeded to tell Uncle Able about it on the phone later, include that Emperor Palpatine was not in it (much).  Able admitted he didn't really know who that is, but we have the Star Wars: A Pop-Up Guide to the Galaxy so B is quite familiar with characters, ships, location, and more.  Luckily, his Daddy and Godfather (Erik) are crazily experts on all the details of the Star Wars universe so should he want to learn more I'm sure they can help.

3. Our table arrived! After much craziness with the delivery portion it is finally here and we really like it.  We all sat in different places than usual in celebration.  I hope it is with us for a long time.  Oddly, just looking at it vaguely inspired me to work on a "table scape" while Marilyn and Jamie have lovely ones we almost never do, but this table just seems to want something lovely in the middle.  We shall see... (or maybe I'll just aim to do better about keeping the clutter off for a first step).

4.  The table delivery issues made me late for my hair appointment with Janna which was sad as my last one was in APRIL if you can imagine.  I had to cancel in June and then didn't get another set and this one I was late to so we did a few things quickly.  Hopefully, I'll actually make it to my October one and on time even!  Love you Janna and thanks for putting up with my craziness today (and always)!

5. We celebrated our first dinner at the new table with Breakfast for Dinner including a new berry cobbler recipe from Orangette that I rather liked.  My normal recipe has a crust that is vaguely like sugar cookies. This one was a more tradition cream biscuit take, but also very delicious.  It might have been slightly more enjoyable if our kids had not started a scream fest 1/2 way through dinner.  They, unfortunately, tend to feed off each other's behavior in situations like this and Brent and I pondered quiet dinners pre-kids, but only briefly as they are still so adorable.

6. Today was Superhero day at the casa.  B assigned characters to everyone (sometimes more than once).  He was Spiderman for most of the day and belated switched to Ironman.  I was Spider girl.  M was, of all things, Wolverine, which I think proves he knows nothing about wolverine.  There was much debate about Brent's assignment.  He was, in sequence, assigned -- The Incredible Hulk, Ironman, Spiderman and then Wolverine (at which point M became Baby Wolverine, obviously).  Very humorous.  We spider folk did do some running around shooting webs out of our wrists. B would also chastise anyone that referred to anyone else by their actual versus superhero name -- quite funny here today.

7.  In related news, we have at very long last convinced B to retire the Batman PJs Uncle Able & Zach bought for him when we first moved here. They were WAY too small and the concession was, of course, getting him a new pair.  This ended up actually being two new pairs as they were some sort of set.  B saved the tags on the new ones for me (smart like kid of a scrapbooker).  I put them to good use here commemorating the old set. (Based on a Sketch from the Studio Calico Blog).  Fun stuff, eh? We now save all random tags like this for future  applications in our "memorabilia" drawer.

8. B is also very into hugging his sister lately.  Sometimes a bit more forcefully than necessary.  I do, however, adore it when we are out and he will reach into the stroller and give her a big hug and tell her "I love you." So sweet.  I just adore every bit of it.

9.  M, for her part, is making great strides with her walking (pun intended).  Today, she enjoyed walking circles around the new table, granola bar in hand.  She wanders here and there and probably needs a bit closer supervision.  Still plenty of unsteadiness and plopping down, but so much more skilled than a month or even a week ago.

10.  Last, but most exciting of all, did you see that Brent's sister is having a baby! We are so very excited and trying diligently to be quiet about it until the word was out.  So very happy for them, but sad Jamie has been so sick.  We can hardly wait to meet the new little one!

PS.  Here are the other fun Ten on Tuesdays this week: Audra, Jamie, & Amber .

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...