Sunday, September 26, 2010

This Weekend

This was a crazy busy weekend.  I want to run past the recap here so I don't forget.  I feel like we did so much:

Saturday
7 - Brent got up, fed and dressed the kids while I slept in a little.
8 - I got up and dressed.  We prepared everyone to go out and loaded up the paper recycling.
9 - Coffee and berry pie at Java Dave's using our Living Social coupon. Followed by Recycling
9:30 - Girls back to the house  - M to nap and me to making Vinyl banners with Uncle Able for his Bean Bag Boards.  Boys to haircuts.
11 - Everyone home and fun cookings, crafting and playing together.  Eventually Able leaves to go to get a haircut and go to the fair with Katie. (M wakes up around 11:30).
1- After lunch, B heads down for a nap and Brent goes to buy groceries.  M and I play outside with a lot of time coloring with chalk.
2- Lady M's naptime, grocery unloading, laundry and cleaning for us followed by a quick nap.
3:20 - I leave to attend the Nathan Blake Zumba Master Class at Crossroads Mall.  It last until 6:30!  (Keep in mind I've only done 45 minutes of Zumba in the prior three weeks and maybe two hours of exercise total.  Definitely not in peak form for such an long and high energy work out, but had an awesome time).
4 - Kids wake up and head to Grammy and Granddaddy's with Brent to watch the OU football game.
6:30 - I head home very tired and already sore, shower, and jump back in the car to join the game watching crew after much chatting with Tracie.
7:30-9:30 Game and kids watching plus some pizza for me before heading back home to the bedtime routine with very tired kids.
9:30-10:30 - Clean up, wrap-up and talk for us before an early bedtime and a nearly sleepless night for me for some reason--probably because my body was achy, but definitely not the rest I needed.
B Loves the Zoo!

Sunday
8 - M wakes up late, but screaming.  I am on-deck so I haul my sore body out and we play for awhile before the boys join us for breakfast.  The star attraction is Ginger banana chip bread/muffins (some of which we took to Grammy the night before).
9 - Made soup for Wii/Crop and cleaned while kids played in and out with toys and iPad.
10 - M goes to sleep, I start to work on my Me The Abridged Version album, making several annoying cutting errors while the boys play iPad together and finish getting ready for the party.  I worked on thank you notes for the scholarship donations. (Thanks to all that have donated, sent cards, flowers, food, etc.  We so appreciate it!)  We also chat with the Wainrights/Palfreymans off and on in the morning and decide to enjoy the beautiful weather at the zoo so the boys packed for that outing as well.
12 - M wakes up.  Everyone gets sunscreen, drinks and shoes and we're off to the Zoo!
1 - Zoo time!  We spent most of our time in the kids zoo, but also saw the rhinos, dear, condors, and pygmy hippo as well as assorted birds.  The kids zoo is awesome, particularly the wading and petting areas.  M was a champ about petting the goats.  So adorable
3 - Back home for the Wii/Crop party.  Just a little set-up and then a late lunch and games.  Amazingly at this Wii/Crop we did for once primarily scrapbook and play Wii.  It was a slightly smaller gathering, but kind of nice to actually get to talk to everyone. I was the only one really scrapbooking, but Chrissie had her crocheting and Jennie helped me along.
4- M naps while the party swirls around her.
5 - The ladies (including M) took a trip to Michaels around for more crafting supplies (see cutting error above). Back at the house the boys put Molly to sleep (on the floor??) and continue with the Wii soccer.  When we return from the store it was time  for more snacks, kid wrangling, crafting, etc...
7:15ish - everyone heads home and we launch into cleanup + bedtime routines to get everyone promptly into bed by 8.  8 - I go back to work on the project a bit more, chat with Gavin and then time to blog and relax into the evening while Brent grades papers.

Such a whirl and an amazing mix of fun.  Thank you to all that made this a fun weekend.  We hope to see you again soon!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I'm tired just reading it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...