Sunday, September 26, 2010

Me: The Abridged Version - Part II

Ok, this project is getting pretty time consuming, but I think definitely a good exercise with a result I think we'll cherish.  Here is what I've done so far:

(NOTE - The below is probably WAY more than you wanted to know about this project, but having a list makes me feel like I'm making progress and I need that reassurance in this lengthy task).

-Written the entries for letters a-r (18 letters with roughly 2-5 subjects per letter).
-Selected Materials:
 -Patterned Paper
     - Pink Paislee  Amber Road - Autumn Blossom
     - Anna Griffin Valentina Glittered - Pink background with cream glitter hearts and swirls
     - Anna Griffin Valentina Flocked - Pink, flocked damask pattern on cream
     - SEI Chocolat - Pink Butterflies on Chocolate background
     - My Minds Eye Penny Lane - Chasse - it is the centered paper here with the many colored circles
  - Cardstock - Bazzill Mud Pie, Cream, and Kraft
  - Font - Bookman Old Style
  - Ink - Tim Holtz Distressed Ink Pad - Vintage Photo

- Cut out 26 letters using Silhouette (which was awesome as is the same font as the text, same cardstock I will use for the text portion as well, very handy), adhered to 3x3 inch mud pie cardstock for alpha squares
- Inked edges of the blocks and adhered to the cardstock.
- Cut all patterned paper to size, inked edges, adhered to letter pages.
- Inked edges of base cardstock and put in alpha order.

At this juncture what I have are 18 entries that are yet to be printed and 26 pages with alpha blocks and patterned paper. (The picture above gives you a sneak of part of a page along with some lovely flowers my dear friend heather sent us.)

Yet to do:

- Write remaining eight entries.
- Proof entries, correct style issues such as font color and spacings.
- Print, cut to size, and adhere to cardstock.
- Select 52 corresponding pieces, adjust size to 3x3, print, cut to size, adhere.
- Make front and back pages.
- Insert into page protectors and be glad that this project is complete.

I think what is bothering me is that it is a pretty repetitious process so far and that is not part of crafting that I love.  In fact, this is part of why I scrapbook instead of crochet, cross stitch or something similarly repetitive. I like the variation and room for creativity.  Here the creativity is largely in the writing with much repetition in the overall design and process.  It will have a nice uniform look and feel as a result, but less creativity in the assembly which begins to wear on me.  I really want to have the finished project though so I will keep forgoing ahead.  After all, I've already inked more than 400 edges so I must be making progress, right?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...