Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1.  Have to get this out of the way first -- The Oklahoma state questions were completely absurd.  Thinking about them pretty much makes my head explode and nearly everyone one of them is passing. (This stressing is possibly partially because of my legal training as they are generally both poorly written and likely unconstitutional in many cases).  It defies explanation.

2.  That is the end of my tirade, but do so appreciate that many of you jumped in and participate, even, as my friend Erin inquired, those that completely disagree with me. I remain committed to democracy and civic engagement by everyone not just those that share my views.

3.  Had a fabulous chat with my friend Heather this evening.  She is having a baby girl this spring and I am so incredibly excited for her.  She is an amazing friend and will be a spectacular mom.  I love you lady!

4. Zane continues to do very well post-op.  If you've been following my family members' blogs you'll see that he still has some pain, but is largely moving back to pre-surgery activities with even more vigor than before.

5. I'm trying hard to have a normal week, but things keep happening.  Do I bring chaos on somehow? Perhaps.  Anyway, I'm not sure I have such a thing as normal in my repertoire, but guess I'll settle for calm.

6.  We discovered today that M got a slot at B's MDO for the Spring (too many acronyms? - basically she is going to Mother's Day Out at St. Elijah's with B two days a week.)  She is becoming so verbal and just loves being around other people.  I think it will be great for her. .

7.  I have been trying out some recipes lately and have a lovely one to share later in the week.  Chicken & Dumplings anyone? So Good.  B and I did try this interesting Marshmallow Bar recipe that we made for Jessie's birthday.  Good in theory, but probably need to get the chocolate down into the marshmallows more. We mixed up chocolate and peanut butter chips rather than butterscotch... yes, I tend to tinker, apologies.

8.  B went to his first Eels swimming class today.  All boys again.  So far, largely like the Pikes class, but without the flotation device.  He seems to still be really excited about it and thus we are too.  Last week I went to a class with him and it was "safety day" fascinating to watch and included some random boat safety (hence the picture). M's first class was today too, but that deserves its own post:)

9.  I decided a couple weeks ago to have a "No Buy November" for my scrapbooking budget, if there is such a thing.  Basically, the idea is to not buy any products in November largely as a reaction to buying too much in October in preparation for December Daily, MeTAV, etc... Two lucky things happened then.  I won the November Studio Calico kit on Twitter (It is absolutely full of gorgeous things and butterflies!) and then won a prize as part of the Two Peas in a Bucket Craftacular October challenges.  So excited to play with the goodies = still love scrapbooking.

10.  Returned to Zumba after all the travel and chaos.  On Sunday, I went to Halloween Zumba.  It was a riot.  The gym was packed and about 1/3 of the people had on costumes. I definitely felt out of shape and was breathing hard half way through Mina's set, but also was having so much fun.  I went again today to my normal class with Rosanna which was so fun and was welcomed back so sweetly by my Zumba friends = still love Zumba.

See happy thoughts (know point 1 worried you).  I am happy, seeking peace, exercise and calm.  Hope you have a lovely week as well!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...