Thursday, December 16, 2010

Reverb10: 5 Minutes

December 15 – 5 Minutes Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010. (Author: Patti Digh)


I'm going to go with bullets as my Mom did for this one:



  • Maggie's baby laugh
  • The feel of M's baby hands on my face
  • B telling me stories -- particularly "Mom, I need to tell you something"
  • The trip to Vegas with Brent - particularly fabulous food and "O" -oh and our awesome hotel
  • Going back to DC for the first time in a year and being with friends and colleagues there
  • M's first words, first steps, first so many things
  • M's baptism - really a perfect day even for all its imperfections.  My Dad seemed so happy and in his element.  Love it.
  • Brent walking in to OSSM Graduation in his Doctoral get-up
  • Our annual short week at the farm in June -- precious time - particularly kids playing in water tub together.
  • Zane's arrival
  • Finding out Jamie was pregnant
  • Fourth of July fun with Brent's family
  • Able's marathon day and the fabulous time with our family and Tracie - my adopted sister and chauffeur
  • Audra's baby shower and the anticipation about her new baby
  • Spring bulbs blooming in my own front yard while vegetables grow in my very own vegetable garden in the back
  • My Dad's joy at the creation of that garden and watching him do the first planting with B
  • DC in June at NACUA - back together with my colleagues, friends and summer days in the city
  • Visiting St. Louis for Zane's baptism.  Our last time together as a full family (wish Brent & B had been there when my parents were).
  • Hanging out with my sister, M, and Zs in STL
  • The rush of love, prayers and support around me as the news of my Dad's death arrived and attempted to filter in
  • The memories and laughter 
  • The feel of my Dad's hugs and how very much he loved and was proud of me - hoping he knows how much I love him.
  • Seeing my Dad napping in my bed here while B woke him up
  • Zumba class - high on energy and life
  • Maggie's cute dresses and amazing smiles with triple dimples
  • B learning words and signing the alphabet
  • So many pages of scrapbooking
  • Finding out Chrissie was pregnant -- and then Heather and Lori - all ladies who have waited so patiently in hope for these babies.
  • Concerts and dinner with girlfriends
  • Beauty in everyday life
  • My family all around me, together, laughing, loving, happy -- I want to burn it in my brain for every and somehow convey that image to my children.  I truly madly deeply, impossibly want them to remember something that they cannot possibly.  My heart breaks all over again.

In tears, again... may be my theme this week.  After weeks of almost mostly OK, I'm back to crying everyday.  I miss my Dad. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...