Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Reverb10: Try

December 18:  Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn't go for it?


I am going to take this backwards.  In 2010, I wanted to try Zumba.  I did, I loved it, and it did much to shape my body and my year as well as introduce me to new friends and new music.  I admit that I'm less sure what I want to try in 2011.  2011 is weird for me in that I don't have any big milestones or goals coming up in this particular year.  I think my goal is to be present in daily life.  To absorb the little things.  To listen to M learn to talk and be focused on her rather than distracted by all of "my" things (read internet). I feel this toddler/pre-school age slipping quickly away as this is B's last full year before Kindergarten and all the change that will come in the years after.  I guess that means my goal is to absorb myself in the wonder that is raising small people and try to savor this very fleeting place.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...