Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Burn the Floor

In the last of my series of fun cultural events for awhile, I attended Burn the Floor on Saturday with my Mom and some girlfriends. It is an incredibly fast-paced dance show featuring alums from So You Think You Can Dance, Dancing with the Stars and other similar programs as well as dancers from Broadway.  The show included a wide range of styles from traditional ballroom through Latin styles, a bit of modern dance and jazz. They amped up the sexy in all the styles and we got an up close view from our front row seats.  I remain amazed by the lightning footwork and the ability to remember more than two hours of routines and quick changes.  It was wonderful fun and a great inspiration to keep dancing.  I may even attempt another Zumbathon this weekend if my body feels up to it.

Have any of you seen this or similar shows? I'd love to see more like this and appreciate any recomendations!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...