1. I am percolating ideas for my anniversary party this summer (10 years!) If any of you have suggestions that would be great. Also any memories from our wedding or married life to include in our memory book would be lovely. (So far no one I've asked has had any, not a good sign, but it has only been hours).
2. We went to the YMCA Kids Health Festival today. It mostly consisted of bouncy things, healthy snacks, face painting, zumbatomic, nutrition guides, dental information, firemen, policemen, bowling and lots of people standing in line. I would give it about a 3 on a 5 point scale. Fine, Ok, not something I feel like we must catch next time. M, of course, was fascinated by Zumbatomic (kids Zumba) - B preferred snacks or bouncy things.
3. Uncle Able came by today. He is the pied piper of kids in my neighborhood. They magically appear out of the cul de sac when he arrives (to his occasional chagrin). Nice to see him though.
4. M suddenly hates baths. I have no idea why. She fights it hard-- my suspicion is because she knows it precedes night night, but it is just weird.
5. I have been making a gentle return to Zumba. I still cannot really do squats or jump on only the injured leg, but most things I can do and it has been so nice to be back even if a bit less than 100%.
6. I read The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels--A Love Story yesterday. So many things that sparked memories of my ranching childhood and oddly several things that reminded me of my Mom and Dad. I little over the top in some repetitive descriptions of the hero, but overall it did remind me of my roots.
7. I asked Brent for a topic idea -- he suggested "Pepsi Max" The story there is that my current soda of choice here at home is Pepsi Max (the equivalent of Coke Zero).... I'm not sure what else to say about that other than it does seem to taste more like my vague recollections of full calorie Pepsi.
8. I have been doing a scrapbook page or two most days of late. Here are some more recent ones that I like.
9.Season 35 of Sesame Street is now available on streaming Netflix. This is big news for Lady M who has only rarely seen it other than the one Elmo DVD we own (that she adores). She so far thinks the whole episode is far too long (and probably right) but with Netflix we just watch a little when she asks and then watch the next bit later.
10. I have the weird sense that change/a new phase is coming. No real details or clarity yet. Ali's prompt for One Little World about writing a letter to myself a year from now, and I think by then things will be clearer so this is a great exercise --- was that suitably randomly vague.
Ok, not that much to say today apparently so I'm off to watch the Daily Show and/or scrapbook. I'd love to hear what you are up to this week as well (and remember that memory prompt back up in #1?? Thanks!)