Saturday, August 20, 2011

Stories Told & Challenges taken


I am back from our quick trip to Tulsa with a few more pages to share.  These are the pages I made during our own little crop, not those we made during classes.  Each is also part of Shimelle's challenges as well.  Oddly, while I did have plenty of time in class, shopping and eat with my friends, the cropping time was a bit short.  Due to long naps at Grandma's I had a few minutes to finish these when I got home and post them up for you.  Enjoy!
Challenge: Hot Pink Hoopla - We were invited to be inspired by a variety of things on the page Shimelle made. I chose this central block and the lines along the bottom as well as some of the collage elements.  I also used my brand new Mister Hueys here (although hard to see in the photo) along with some of my favorite pieces from Cosmo Cricket and October afternoon.  The photos were taken  by Able as Brent and I walked out to dinner the night of our 10th anniversary--- the kids really wanted to be part of it and were adorable.

Challenge: Colour Your Story:  The challenge here was to use red white and aqua.  This page was started near the end of the crop and I struggled with it, a lot.  I think it worked out in the end, but was not one or those that flows easily.  The picture is of Audra, B & M in front of one million pieces of candy at the St. Louis Magic House this summer.


Challenge: 3 is a Magic Number - This was a simple design elements challenge where we were to use three of something, creating a visual triangle.  I probably use three of something on nearly every layout, but in this it is the three twine bows around the layout featuring pictures of B taking M for a ride on his tricycle at the farm this June.


Challenge: From the Heart This photo is a bit of a mess (apologies), but the story is about how much I love tram rides at the zoo because it both allows us to ride a bit and also because I get to take these neat close-up pictures of my kids watching the scenery.  The challenge, as you might have guessed was a page with love or a heart in the title.

I did also make some progress on my "Week In The Life" book and my monthly calendar pages, but those will have to wait for another day to be finished.  Hope you are having a lovely weekend!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...