Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day 3: Baking


 Day 3 begins on the back of the journaling page from Day 2.

Today was Baking Day! As you can possibly read above, the Wainrights (aka my oft mentioned friend Chrissie and her crew) host an annual Cookie Exchange so part of our December tradition is both attending their party and spending much of the day before baking.  The kids started off very enthusiastic and loved finding their aprons, B put his chef hat on by himself, they both adored the crystallized ginger (as does Brent who was out working at the time), they were both very active and enthusiastic helpers. This did not, of course, quite make it through the other two varieties of cookies, but I enjoyed it all, particularly the many breaks with my helpers as we spread our baking across the day.  (Letter stickers by Crate Paper, Embellishments from SEI, Evalicious and Bazzill)
 The divider page is this cut down baseball card holder.  I filled three of the four pockets with recipes we made today (Gourmet Magazine's December 2011 Chewy Ginger Cookies, My Grandma Melton's No Bake Chocolate Cookies, and many, many Meringues using the recipe from the Joy of Cooking).  The journaling cards are from Elle's Studio.  In the upper right, I used a small piece of Snow Globe paper from the Crate Paper Peppermint line with an October Afternoon sticker left over from last year.

This is the reverse, two panels have more of the recipes from the front.  The upper right is another piece from the same Crate Paper Peppermint Snow Globe paper.  The lower corner is a Jenni Bowlin bingo card that seemed appropriate for our peaceful day at home. 

I took many picture of B in his chef's had stirring up cookies, but apparently didn't check them as none was free of blurriness as he was stirring the whole time.  Ooops.  So, we went with the fall back plan, which is Maggie and I snuggling during a break in the action. (I will print this out 8x8 which is why it is squared here).   Maggie was all about snuggling and all about having her picture taken today.  She set up an entire photo shoot earlier in the day with pictures by herself, with Daddy and with me.  Some we took and some she did.  (Wanna guess what Miss M is getting for Christmas.... -- yes, giving my two year old my DSLR does make me nervous).

That's the story for today. I am supremely happy to be doing a page a day for once with only pictures to print later.  It feels more feasible, but we shall see as the weeks progress. B and I will be traveling next weekend so it will likely be a bit tricker, but here's hoping!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baking day sounds like so much fun.
Thanks for sharing.

Kaitlin said...

Love the idea of filling in pockets with recipes. I will definitely have to do that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...