Thursday, December 1, 2011

December Daily: Day 1

I love a parade!  Yes, I was that band nerd from grade school well into college and the sound of a drum line still holds a very special place in my heart.  I also think parades can be magical for little children and want mine to share in the music and spectacle. Today, my little family, Grandma B, Uncle Able and Katie all braved the cold for the Edmond Electric Christmas Parade.  (Ok it was only 44 degrees, but it is early winter for us.) The wait for the parade might have been longer than the parade itself, but it was worth it.  There were high school marching bands, a couple floats, fire trucks, police vehicles, military vehicles, twirlers, old cars, a horse, and Santa--- all covered with lots of electric lights.  A perfect parade recipe.  The joy in the faces of these two generations over a 15 minute parade, on a street filled with lights, on a cool winter evening was a great way to begin our holiday season.

Tonight's Book:  Christmas At The Zoo

Ps.  We attended this parade two years ago--- here is what our little lady looked like that night. Same beloved blanket, snugly pink ear flapped hat, but so very much smaller.




Crafting Note:  I am going to print the top photo 8x8 and add most of the journaling below it by hand.  I will try to upload the facing page soon, but will likely not print the photos for awhile as I do that off site.  I am not remotely sure that I'll have enough control to do only one photo per day, but today I only truly loved this one and it told my story so bonus all around. 

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

great start to the month! Looking forward to seeing how you put the pages together!

Debra Dotter Blakley said...

What a precious shot! Like that new lens.

Tracy said...

Beautiful picture,look forward to seeing more!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...